WHO IS LINCOLN COUNTY?

GTOWNDEVIL71

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officiating did cost LC the game against Riverdale. They were outplayed. LC had a very good team, but when two good teams play each other, one is going to lose

OR, Gtown, Riverdale, Franklin and LC all had very good teams. Take satisfaction in the great season that they had. They were all region champs and if OR, LC or Franklin had made it to the finals, they might have won. But you have to get there.

Gimme a break...Germantown is the best in 5A hands down.....Last year I thought my devils were better than brentwood but they lost and Brentwood was the in best 5A. What you do in the regular season means squat!!!!!

Germantown is the state champion of 5A. It is possible for the "best team" not to be there. It's all opinion though and that's what's great about this site. We can all talk about our opinions. I think Lincoln County would have done better against Germantown. But we'll never know.

I think Lincoln County would have done better against Germantown. But we'll never know.

FHSrebel, thanks for that vote of confidence for the Falcons. I have to agree with you again...getting scary, isn't it?

I think Lincoln County would have matched up better with Germantown, especially in size. Germantown was MUCH bigger than Riverdale and Gtown was fast enough. Riverdale simply couldn't afford to make the errors they made...none of which they made against LC in their playoff game.

I think LC's line could have held their own against Gtown, and LC had enough speed to give them fits. If LC had come out throwing the ball like they were capable of doing, they "could" have beaten Gtown...but that's history.

I was surprised that Rdale's speed didn't make the difference...just like I thought that Franklin's speed would get them to the Blue Cross Bowl. Earlier in the season, I was really expecting the big game to be LC vs. Franklin...mainly because of Franklin's speed and coaching.

FHSrebel, thanks for that vote of confidence for the Falcons. I have to agree with you again...getting scary, isn't it?

I think Lincoln County would have matched up better with Germantown, especially in size. Germantown was MUCH bigger than Riverdale and Gtown was fast enough. Riverdale simply couldn't afford to make the errors they made...none of which they made against LC in their playoff game.

I think LC's line could have held their own against Gtown, and LC had enough speed to give them fits. If LC had come out throwing the ball like they were capable of doing, they "could" have beaten Gtown...but that's history.

I was surprised that Rdale's speed didn't make the difference...just like I thought that Franklin's speed would get them to the Blue Cross Bowl. Earlier in the season, I was really expecting the big game to be LC vs. Franklin...mainly because of Franklin's speed and coaching.

Okay..I'm getting tired of agreeing with you! <_< I also think LC would have matched up with Gtown better. LC was bigger than riverdale, and fast enough that they could have matched Gtown's speed. Riverdale probably the fastest team in the state overall. Officiating aside because both teams got both good and bad calls in the LC/riverdale game, LC got whipped basically because of riverdale having more depth and overall speed. LC could match them in some of the positions, but not enough to cover everyone that riverdale was forcing them to cover. I don't believe Gtown could have pulled that off. And once again if Michael Edmiston ever got loose into Gtown's secondary....well it's back to trying to catch a rabbit in the cornfield at night again. But that's just my opinion. I would have loved to see it, and I can think of 1 99 yard run that were it not called back might have been the difference in LC getting there vs riverdale. That didn't happen though. Sometimes the ball doesn't always bounce your way, and that's the way the game is played...and the reason the best team doesn't always win. I think riverdale is a really good team that executed almost flawlessly until the Gtown game, then they made up for the mistakes they didn't make until then in the playoffs. The coaching kept them in the game along with the atheleticism they have. They are the team to beat next year. I predicted it here first...Riverdale pulls in it's fourth gold ball next year.

I do believe Germantown found out who Lincoln County was back in the state title game in 1990. 25-13??? Remember that? You ask who Lincoln County is??? 3 state titles, countless Mr. Football Awards, the best dang coach in Middle TN, and oh yeah... a class football program. That is who Lincoln County is...RICH IN TRADITION!!!! Congrats on winning the state title Germantown, but act like you have been there before. Also, congrats to Riverdale on a great season! GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!