Congrats Boyd

unbiasedspectator

You guys were the better team. Congrats on taking the big Gold Ball back to Chattanooga. Akins and Peardon are great players. Congrats to the East for breaking the streak of State Titles is over. The West can no longer be called superior.

As for DCA, you have a great season as well. You had to fight injuries to your stars all through the playoffs and still made it to the finals. And if I were 1A, I would watch out next year, because DCA returns everyone GOOD AND HEALTHY.

As for the game, it was close for 3 quarters, but Boyd took over in the 4th. Neither team could move the ball in the 1st half, but DCA moved it slightly better. They, however, could only score 3. Boyd scored once in the 3rd. DCA had Boyd at midfield in the 4th, down by 4. Then, Akins completed his first pass of the game: a 50 yard TD pass. DCA turns it over inside their ten, and Boyd punches it in again.

What a bad night for DCA. Lose, then Terrance Bell breaks Jeremy Lyons' State Title Game rushing record in the 2A game. :unsure:

Edited by unbiasedspectator

Great job this year Boyd. Both Akins did a great job. Also congrats to Robby, and Matt on MVP. Boyd earned it. I was a well played game and I enjoyd it alot. WE could not have asked for a better season. This was a great last season for me to watch. I can't wait to come back and watch a few games next year. Now all we need to do is go and get a sign like SP has made

Great game. Just like in every other game this year Boyd's defense has dominated. It is awesome to see a quick pass to the side or a sweep and then you have 11 blue jerseys going to look for a kill shot. they were some pretty nasty hits from jeremy, robby, beagles, robert, and dan moore. excellent job in the game of shuting them down from virtually everything. if it weren't for a fumble inside your own 20 you would have blanked them. awesome job, you deserve it. i wish i could have been out there. boyd will be back next year. peardon is a horse.

#2- BB, state runner-up, 2002

This just proves how good the top 4 teams are in the super 7. Boyd got beat by Baylor earlier this season and McCallie drilled Baylor. These teams are definitely the four best in the state. No doubt.

Who cares about the stinkin' "super 7?" This is a thread congratulating the BBS Bucs for winning the class A state championship. Start your own "super 7" thread!

BTW, IMHO BBS did everything but win the game against a Baylor team that faced McCallie with many key injuries. The BBS v. Baylor game was certainly no mismatch. Just ask the Red Raiders.

BTW again -- Congratulations 2003 TSSAA Class A State Champions!

Boyd Buchanan School!

The Bucs came out in the first half and looked tense, but come time for second half they were calmed down and they were the teams the we all know and love. I don't know what Coach Akins said at half time, but it worked. Also I would like to comment on the broadcast of the game and set the commentators straight, our quarterback's name is Drew, not "the coach's kid". I believe he has done plenty to prove that he has earned his place on the team. Thank you, and congrats Bucs, great season, great team, great game. And one little side note: DCA's Wooden has my respect, he is hardcore. I've never seen a highschool player attempt to play with a torn MCL. He deserves credit for being tough and fighting through the pain. Good luck next year Wildcats, you have the makings of a great team.