did the 2a title change any minds?

blueandgoldfan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute. A public school team just beat the snot out of a #1 ranked and undefeated private team. In my mind that's big news. If you don't wake up and smell the coffee, then life will pass you right by.

Why did Huntingdon beat Lipscomb? I thought top-notch private school programs had insurmountable advantages? Looks to me like somebody surmounted somebody pretty dadgum well.

A blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while. Taking nothing away from Huntingdon, they played a great series of games to reach this point (I saw their thumping of Lewis Co. in person). I also believe that 2A does not have the same problem as 1A. Only 1 of the private teams eliminated from the playoffs in 1A was defeated by a public school and that was a 1 seed public over a 4 seed private in the first round(Wayne Co. over Davidson Academy). When you look across the field and see 60 or more standing across from your 30 or 35 boys, or a stadium that would do a small college proud while you have to use the outfield of the baseball field and drag portable bleachers out for the visitors to have a place to sit, or six or eight coaches to your 3 or four, exercise bikes on their sidelines and you had to borrow helmets from the next town over when you started your program. Our boys work as hard as they can, and of the four privates in our region, we've only beat one of them ever... Forget it, none of you give a hoot about anybody but your selves. I hope they bring the Div II boys back in with you big boys ,and when BA and MBA and Christian Brothers and McCallie are the final four teams in the 5A playoffs in a couple of years, don't come crying to us again.

A blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while. Taking nothing away from Huntingdon, they played a great series of games to reach this point (I saw their thumping of Lewis Co. in person). I also believe that 2A does not have the same problem as 1A. Only 1 of the private teams eliminated from the playoffs in 1A was defeated by a public school and that was a 1 seed public over a 4 seed private in the first round(Wayne Co. over Davidson Academy). When you look across the field and see 60 or more standing across from your 30 or 35 boys, or a stadium that would do a small college proud while you have to use the outfield of the baseball field and drag portable bleachers out for the visitors to have a place to sit, or six or eight coaches to your 3 or four, exercise bikes on their sidelines and you had to borrow helmets from the next town over when you started your program. Our boys work as hard as they can, and of the four privates in our region, we've only beat one of them ever... Forget it, none of you give a hoot about anybody but your selves. I hope they bring the Div II boys back in with you big boys ,and when BA and MBA and Christian Brothers and McCallie are the final four teams in the 5A playoffs in a couple of years, don't come crying to us again.

Hit the Nail on the Head!!!! :lol:

Sequatchie has played and lost the last three years to Goodpasture while I wouldn't give you two cents for there stadium compared to the one we have in Dunlap or the fact that we had almost as many fans travel up to the game as they had on there side. We had around 35 each year compared to there 80-90 players and on change of possesions we had 2 or 3 players who played only one side of the ball compared to there 8-10 so the game was over before it started! ;)