Region 8 Wrestling

CoachBray

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

random thoughts from last night in the region............the dragon burned down the little town known as ridgeway and only the roadrunner women and children escaped. surprised that baby hunt punk'd jonas, didn't see that coming. even with possible starters out, (see wolves capturing roadrunner last tuesday night), i don't think coach b. has the horses to put out the dragon fire. speaking of horses, the mustangs were riden easily by the brother. the purple wave are the best on the left side of the volunteer state. the wolves taking the devil after a big win over the roadrunner two days ago, no letdown there. wolves appear to be the frontrunner for silver medalist behind the panther in one district and they've discovered amazing things can happen when you have 14 bodies walk out on a mat. by the way, where's the panther? i know the local fishwrap is not always a reliable source of boxscore info. but.............................

the panther is showing up at the mustang ranch along with the roadrunner next tuesday. this one is a can't miss with major regional ramifications. they're expecting an s.r.o. crowd for this match. besides dragonwrestler, you know deep down i'm a d1 booster thru and thru. just giving the brother respect. breath that fire, baby!!!!

Edited by usfjim

Call me bias, but Nick Rogers of Collierville (135 and unranked) went 4-0 at the CBHS duals this weekend, beating Mondelli of Father Ryan (#2 in D2 at 135) and bumping up to 140 to beat Konz of Franklin in 2OT (#6 in D1 at 140). By the way, he would never post this, so I'm doing it.

I highly recommend that everyone who isn't busy go to the Houston meet on Tuesday night against Ridgeway and Bartlett. Bartlett has been laying low since their CBHS meet (they only lost by 10). I'm not sure what to expect from them, but I know we'll see some good wrestling. Watch for the Warren v. Baker match at 125. The heavyweights should give us a show too.

ok, i'll say it, you're bias. and he would never post this. great showing by the dragon 35 this weekend and should be getting more pub. around the state. i'm sure the mustang appreciates the plug for tuesdays quad with the roadrunner, panther and spartan. see you there after the dragon heats up the wave.

The word is that Coach Lewis and Coach Cottrell decided to wrestle all JV on Tuesday, so that the two teams can get healed up before region duals. Although, as a fan, I have been waiting to see this match-up since November, I can understand where they are coming from. Collierville has 5 or 6 varsity kids injured right now. It's not really worth the risk, especially given how hard these two teams will go at each other, and both teams have a very good chance to place in the top 4 at state. Thus, I suppose I will be there at Houston on Tuesday (all 4 hours of it). See you there.

dude, i've been to matches at the mustang ranch and the dark side runs them on time. oh wait, with a quad on two mats, ok, maybe 4 dings on the clock. you're right again o' great one. this will be must see wrestling. congrats to the panther for stalking out of the territory again and doing well in the center of the plate.