Region 8 Wrestling

CoachBray

With a tournament under our belts, what do you think about our Region so far? Collierville is still a bit of a mystery as they went to Kenwood, but West TN still showed good stuff at the Blackhorse. Who's going to state? Here's my opinion thus far, I'd love to hear yours!

103: 1) Darius Williams, Ridgeway 2) Adam Piotrowski, Cordova

3) Reid Carter, Bolton 4) Demetrius Johnson, Munford

112: 1) Mike Hammond, Collierville 2) Josh Martin, Bolton

3) Dustin Smith, Germantown 4) Dale Baker, White Station

119: 1) Jonas Gibbs, Ridgeway 2) Vincent Winston, Kingsbury

3) Jeff Hunt, Collierville 4) Shawn Quint, Bartlett

125: 1) Chris Baker, Bartlett 2) Chad Warren, Ridgeway

3) Andy Groves, Houston 4) Hannah, Bolton

130: 1) David Hunt, Collierville 2) Zach Friedman, Ridgeway

3) Brandon Wright, Houston 4) Dalton Kleinjan, Bartlett

135: 1) Nick Rogers, Collierville 2) Dominic Williams, Cordova

3) Ashten Johnson, Munford 4) Rob Harrison, Ridgeway

140: 1) Andrew Barnett, Germantown 2) Craig Edgington, Munford

3) Ben Scott, Ridgeway 4) Ryan Cullen, Collierville

145: 1) T.J. Hannah, Bolton 2) Drew Fryman, Houston

3) Ross Minkin, Cordova 4) Terrence Sanford, Kingsbury

152: 1) Luke Borneman, Houston 2) Caleb Chism, Bartlett

3) Tommy Williams, Westside 4) Roy Benfield, Bolton

160: 1) Ben Sharp, Germantown 2) Billy West, Collierville

3) Barry Walton, Bartlett 4) Tim Bass, Kingsbury

171: 1) Jake Graham, Collierville 2) Josh Bourland, Bolton

3) 4)

189: 1) Beau Faulkner, Collierville 2) Paul Ellis, Bartlett

3) Kevin Pecor, Germantown 4) Clayton Perkins, Bolton

215: 1) Uri Hansen, Ridgeway 2) Chad Nutter, Munford

3) R.J. Autry, Houston 4)

275: 1) Carl Taylor, Ridgeway 2) Stewart Allen, Cordova

3) Martini Hilliard, Kingsbury 4) Terry Johnson, Westside

I don't have Speroff on there because who knows what he's going to do. It should be interesting on how these pan out!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Bray,

Speroff will return after Christmas and go 119. I would expect to see Jeff Hunt bump to 125 after that. Billy West will be 152, and Jake Graham will be 160. Drew Fryman wrestled 135 agaisnt MUS, but I don't think he'll stay there. He should be at 140. Grundy from Houston should be able to take one of those open spots at 171. Maybe freshman Brett Rogers of C'ville at 215 for the 4th spot. Matthews of Houston and the Kingbury kid both looked good at 215 at their dual match. Otherwise, these look pretty good. It's hard to tell this early in the season. When and where are your upcoming duals? I would like to come see how your team looks. Where you as impressed as I was by Nutter of Munford and Winston of Kingsbury? It's good to see the smaller programs putting out quality wrestlers.

I've got pretty reliable information that tells me Fryman will stay at 135, unless it is decided he should switch weights in order to create an overall better team line-up. The 171 from Houston is Grady....also, Matthews of Houston is at 189, or at least that is what he wrestled at Blackhorse. It is good to see wrestlers from Kingsbury and Munford doing so well. Are Rogers and Cullen from Collierville going 140 and 145 or 135 and 140???

can the ridgeway williams stay at 03? he looked mighty lean at blackhorse and got weight. will he be able to certify there? sped was right that hannah and fryman were at 35 for blackhorse but, like b.o.t.w., don't know if they will stay there. suprised to hear that rogers and cullen are planning to stay at 35 and 40. still wondering if the williams from westside will stay at 52 or show up elsewhere. bucak from bartlett should look at 45, good wrestler but had a tough blackhorse at 40. might be cutting to much.

Yea, I am very skeptical about all these kids returning to 135 this year. I doubt Rogers, Hannah, and Fryman will all be able to stay at that weight. However, if they all do, it will be a fun weight to watch. If the new body fat rule was in effect, I seriously doubt they would all make it. I saw Hannah at the Houston dual tonight. He pinned Hunter Culvin, and looked decent. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of respect for the kid when he stuck his tongue out and smiled at the crowd as he pinned the kid. It was really tacky and showed no sportsmanship at all, and I doubt he will be displaying that cockiness against Rogers and Fryman later in the season. I got to the dual late, but someone told me that Fryman bumped all the way to 152 (Borneman was sick) and pinned the Bolton 152. That's impressive. Anyway, Collierville meets Bartlett on Thursday night @ C'ville--6:00. You guys should come out and see what should be a very competitive dual. If you don't mind, please post the time and location of your team's dual meets for Region 8. Thanks.

---b.o.t.w.

Houston wrestles Cordova Thursday night at 6 or 7, probably 6. I think there were a lot of people upset with the taunting by T.J. Hannah. I've personally always thought he was a great kid until he did what he did. I did notice that Fryman and Matthews were a little upset, but have enough control to know their limits....Also, at 135, Dominic Williams of Cordova was impressive at Blackhorse, beating Fryman and Hannah and finishing third overall. Look for a good rematch between Fryman and Williams this Thursday.