Region 8 Wrestling

CoachBray

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston wins Cordova Duals beating Germantown in the finals in a close meet (39-37 I believe). Germantown beat Ridgeway by one point to go to the finals with a pin in the final match after being down by 5. I'm pretty sure that Ridgeway took third over Munford.

Collierville is leading the McGavok individuals meet in total points going into the final round with 5 or 6 wrestlers in the finals...update to come.

Collierville won overall points with Rogers (135), Cullen (140), and Graham (160) placing first. Hammonds (112) and Speroff (119) placed second.

Edited by best_of_the_west

The Ridgeway HWT was wearing an undershirt for an unapproved reason. There has to be some legitimate medical reason for wearing an undershirt such as severe acne, scars, or other documented medical reason. I am not certain why he desires to wear an undershirt, but, acording to the official , he had been informed at a previous dual that it was not allowed. Regardless of the team point deduction, Germantown would have still won the dual on criteria.

No, Martini Hilliard (Kingsbury) didn't wrestle at our tournament, he's been out with a shoulder injury. Also, the 4 I think that will go at 275 are Stewart Allen of Cordova, Carl Taylor of Ridgeway, Martini Hilliard of Kingsbury and Terry Johnson of Westside. However I still have a place open at 215 behind Hansen of Ridgeway, Nutter of Munford, and RJ Autry of Houston lookslike he's coming on.