FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now... this is just me... but if you guys are trying to decide whether Franklin or BA was better... consider this... Yes, BA got to the finals against MBA and yes, Franklin did lose to Germantown in the semifinals... but Franklin's defense was at least good enough to never get them blown out in any of their three losses... I don't think BA can say that... try to the tune of, what was it... oh yes, 38-14...

I've made my point... I'll be quiet now... B)

True, but Franklin didn't play MBA.

The great defenses at MBA, BA, Riverdale- they all have great size. That's not something we're blessed with at Franklin. But they do what they can without that size.

Franklin's number one in the county.

T, check Brentwood Academy's roster again. Our defense blessed with size? Other than Nick Forte, who weighed in at 265, BA has no defensive players bigger than 235 pounds, with most being 200 or less. MBA is the exact same way. This speaks even higher volumes for the consistency of both teams' coaching over the years.

You also stated that "with the offense that we had, the defense isn't as important because typically the offense was going to score more than two TDs a game. The Rebels certainly were a championship calliber team."

Yes, Franklin had the ability to win it all, especially on offense. But defense wins championships, and relying on the offense to counteract a defense's weaknesses can come back to haunt even the best teams. Case study? Both Franklin and BA this season.

Franklins demise in the Germantown game was not their defense. In my opinion it was a decision for whatever reason to abandon the Spread Offense on the the third possession (which Germantown had not stopped on the first two drives) and shift to a Power I formation. This played into Germantowns strength - their size, it brought everyone into the box, and we went 3 and out. MO shifted, and the half ended 10-9 Franklin, after being up 10-0 following Germantowns first 3 possesions and Franklins 2.

Same thing occured in the 4th qtr, after Franklin drove to a first and goal from the 6, again for what ever reason we abondoned the spread offense and again tried to muscle our way using the power I, against their beef. 3 stuffed runs, and a 4th down roll out pass to the corner of the end zone later, and the season was over for Franklin.

Franklins demise in the Germantown game was not their defense. In my opinion it was a decision for whatever reason to abandon the Spread Offense on the the third possession (which Germantown had not stopped on the first two drives) and shift to a Power I formation. This played into Germantowns strength - their size, it brought everyone into the box, and we went 3 and out. MO shifted, and the half ended 10-9 Franklin, after being up 10-0 following Germantowns first 3 possesions and Franklins 2.

Same thing occured in the 4th qtr, after Franklin drove to a first and goal from the 6, again for what ever reason we abondoned the spread offense and again tried to muscle our way using the power I, against their beef. 3 stuffed runs, and a 4th down roll out pass to the corner of the end zone later, and the season was over for Franklin.

Amen amen AMEN~

Well, here we go round and round again, the "if we had only. . ." and "we can beat you even though we never play. ." Face it-every team in every game looks back on decisions that were made or not made that will haunt them until next season rolls around and everything is forgotten. The ball takes funny bounces, the players and coaches don't always perform their best, strategies backfire-ask Jeff Fisher if he would've changed any decision he made last week? Us fans could name a handfull. There are exceptional teams in Williamson County each year, and until we engage in fratricide and play each other week-in and out, we'll never have a clear cut winner. Nor should we worry about it. Who was the best this past year in the county? Don't know and don't care, but BGA was the only one who won a state championship, so give it to them. I guess the rest of us fall short by one, two, or more games in that all-important gold ball criteria in 2003. Results speak the loudest.

Well, here we go round and round again, the "if we had only. . ." and "we can beat you even though we never play. ."  Face it-every team in every game looks back on decisions that were made or not made that will haunt them until next season rolls around and everything is forgotten.  The ball takes funny bounces, the players and coaches don't always perform their best, strategies backfire-ask Jeff Fisher if he would've changed any decision he made last week?  Us fans could name a handfull.  There are exceptional teams in Williamson County each year, and until we engage in fratricide and play each other week-in and out, we'll never have a clear cut winner. Nor should we worry about it.  Who was the best this past year in the county?  Don't know and don't care, but BGA was the only one who won a state championship, so give it to them.  I guess the rest of us fall short by one, two, or more games in that all-important gold ball criteria in 2003. Results speak the loudest.

BGA's schedule is a joke! DivII AA should be dominated by BGA with one arm tied behind their back. Yes they won the "State Championship" but if you don't have 30 + teams in a classification, I'd hardly call it a STATE championship. I think it would more aptly be called the Big Fish in a Little Pond Championship! WesVols calls Div II AAA "The Big Seven" ....I call it "The Only Seven"

Edited by BigDogDaddy

FHSRebel, "should have" won the game doesn't mean anything! We deserved the win; y'all can say you're the best but being the best entails bringing your "A" game each night.

Dude, I have not once bashed Germantown. I simply said we should have won. That doesn't change the fact that GHS has the gold ball and heck, I even put them at number two in the state behind MBA. We're talking about Brentwood Academy and Franklin here...

BigDogDaddy, why should I go away...because you see me as annoying..that's nice, don't care though...I have as much business on these message boards as you do....

FHSRebel, I understand that the original posting concerns the best in Williamson County....so, as I was reading through the posts on each person's thoughts I came across a statement made by you which got a reaction from me (about how Franklin should have won the game). What does "should have" mean? If Franklin had scored and made the PAT to tie at 17, finally winning in OT, and I got on this site saying how Germantown "should have" won....what would you think about me? ;)

I wouldn't think that FHS was being attacked if you said Germantown should have won. It's just an opinion.

I was more using it as a point to prove why Franklin was better than BA, not better than Germantown. If you want to read anything else into it, that's your choice. I just can't wait for next year already... we've got some revenge to get and hopefully some will come in the semis!