Loretto 53, Lawrence Co. 35

PageMan

goldenboy, here is the box score from "The Tennessean"

Lawrence Co....14...8.....6.....7.....35

Loretto..............8...20...11...14....53

Loretto 53 - Jana Cross 35, Laura Birdyshaw 5, Meredith Green 4, Rachel Stone 4, Nikki Reed 3, Paige Hannah 2

Lawrence Co. 35 - Kristen Spann 14, Catie Woods 11, Cari Pope 3, Cori Jones 3, Hannah Ashworth 2, Andrea Bennett 2

Three Point Goals:

Loretto 3 (Cross, Birdyshaw, Reed)

Lawrence Co. 4 (Woods 3, Pope)

Team Free Throws:

Loretto 2 of 3 (66.7%)

Lawrence Co. 5 of 8 (62.5%)

Edited by PageMan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pageman. Lawrence County is blessed with three good schools and each one produces players capable of playing college ball. These girls play against each other during the season and then some come together on AAU teams during the summer. You get to know and care about them. Jana Cross has always been an exceptional player. She will play college ball. It's going to be fun to watch her over the next few years.

LCHS is struggling but the season is still early. We have a young team and it's going to take time. They're all working hard and I have faith in each and every one of them. It's good to have Cari Pope back on the floor after months of working extremely hard to recuperate from an ACL injury. Keep your heads up, keep faith, keep working hard.

Great game girls! Laura Birdyshaw is one of the toughest defensive players around. She held Kristen Spann to 14 pts, we all know what Kristen is capable of. Rachel done a great job on Katie Woods also. The Lady Mustangs looked great and their future is very promising if they stay on the track they are on. Jana Cross was great, as was Meredith Green, Paige Hannah, and the rest of the talented team. Good Luck on Friday, December 12th @ Page.

I go the back roads, so here's the interstate way. Go to Columbia and hit I-65 from Highway 99, I think. Once you get on I-65, follow it to 840 and take the exit for Murfreesboro going east. Go about 4 or 5 miles and look for the exit labeled "Arno Rd.", turn left and follow it to Page High on your left. If you're looking for some place to eat, instead of taking 840, follow I-65 towards the north until you reach highway 96. There are several places in both directions at that exit. Once you eat, get back on 96 going east towards Murfreesboro. After you cross I-65, Arno Rd will be on your right at about the 5th stop light, I think. You'll kinda go up a hill and turn right on Arno Rd. Page will be on your right coming from this direction. I'll be in Hohenwald tonight watching Lewis Co. play Summertown. If you're there, I can draw you a map if these directions aren't clear.