Marion @ Sequatchie

mchs22816

Marion Co. will go to Sequatchie this Friday to take on the Lady Indians. I saw Marion play last Friday night vs. Bledsoe, and I have never seen them look that good. They played their hearts out the full 4 quarters but fell short in the last minute or so and Bledsoe won by 4. If they keep playng the way they are, they're going to surprise some teams in the district, and I am sure that they hope to start w/Seq. What are your predictions and thoughts? Who will come out on top, Warriors or Indians?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will probably have to be played another time. We are closing our schools Thursday and Friday due to the flu. They are keeping them open the next two days for finals and then shutting them down. No school on Friday means no ballgame on Friday night! The game,when played, will be a good one. I was surprised that Bledsoe only won by 4.

Well, I have heard that when school is out due to sickness; there can still be a game but it is completely up to the coaches. I don't think that it is any kind of school board policy vs. playing....but then again different school boards have different rules; so, that may be one of Sequatchies....but I know that we played a game last year when our school was out.

And Kell, I think that quite a few people were surpried w/the Bledsoe game. Marion came out playin hard. Nunley had 2 and Brown had 1 three in the first 3 minutes of the game. Marion kept the lead pretty much throughout the game. I thought they had it. But the Bledsoe game doesn't really matter in the Marion/Sequatchie game. It just all depends on who comes to play and who doesn't.

Edited by mchs22816

The whole idea behind closing school for illness is to isolate the sick from the well. To stop the spread of flu bugs you have to stop gatherings of people in public places. If you don't want sick and well students confined in a classroom so that the germs continue to spread, then you don't want the sick and well students in a gym for an extra-curricular activity such as a basketball game. I know there were several sick people from Grundy at our game last Friday night. I felt sorry for the score keeper from Grundy but even sorryier for our score keeper that had to sit beside him. The poor guy couldn't quit coughing and it sounded awful. Being around people that sick is how this stuff is spreading and it's got to be stopped before its an epidemic. Did you hear about the 15 year old at Cookeville dying this week from flu complications. He was a healthy athlete, but died. This is serious stuff!!

I agree that sickness is something that definitely needs to be taken very seriously. However, I believe that if the coaches both agree that both teams will be able to play, they should be allowed to. The sickness is going to spread one way or another; whether it be by sitting by someone at a bball game or standing behind them in line at the grocery store while buying medicine. If the players want to and are able to play, let them.