HARPETH VS. NCS

stjohnnies

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS won the game by about 4 or 5. The Eagles had a nice early lead but let it slip away and faced a 25-19 halftime deficit. After a gradual comeback NCS took the lead and held on to it throughout the 4th quarter. Harpeth played well and shot the ball well but Dansby wasn't allowed to blow up really and even without their leading scorer, Jarrett Anderson (broken bone in foot out 6-7 weeks), the boys stepped it up and got good bench play to win a big game. 56-51 was the final or something like that. Good game to both teams.

58-54 NCS. D. Anderson had around 24 (4 3's in 1st qtr). After a hot 1st qtr (16-8 NCS), NCS went cold as Harpeth stepped up its defensive pressure, and got some easy transition baskets. Harpeth led 25-19 at halftime. NCS came out with better ball control in the 3rd quarter, while Harpeth seemed out of sync in their offense. Don't recall score at the end of three. NCS took the lead and didn't let up, leading by as many as 9 in the 4th qtr. D. Anderson and Jay Skinner made plenty of free throws down the stretch to seal the victory. Cam Biggs played great defense and had some key scoring on drives to the basket. Chris Walker and Chris Travis both hit some outside shots and played good defense as well.

Hate to hear about Sarge being out! Get well soon and good luck to NCS!

58-54 NCS. D. Anderson had around 24 (4 3's in 1st qtr). After a hot 1st qtr (16-8 NCS), NCS went cold as Harpeth stepped up its defensive pressure, and got some easy transition baskets. Harpeth led 25-19 at halftime. NCS came out with better ball control in the 3rd quarter, while Harpeth seemed out of sync in their offense. Don't recall score at the end of three. NCS took the lead and didn't let up, leading by as many as 9 in the 4th qtr. D. Anderson and Jay Skinner made plenty of free throws down the stretch to seal the victory. Cam Biggs played great defense and had some key scoring on drives to the basket. Chris Walker and Chris Travis both hit some outside shots and played good defense as well.

Hate to hear about Sarge being out! Get well soon and good luck to NCS!

Space, I got home and didn't pay attention to the login. I am actually the author of the post. Sorry about that...old age!

No Jarrett, No problem. NCS came out inspired tonight and took it to Harpeth. David Anderson set the tone early and finished it off with a huge 4th quarter. Dansby got the clamps put on him with that physical man-to-man D. NCS doesn't have any starters 6 foot or over and still contained him. Dansby was Brick City USA baby from outside of 5 feet tonight. If Harpeth didn't outscore NCS 17-3 in the second quarter and Jarrett would have been healthy, it would have been blowout city baybeee. In all seriousness, Dansby is a great player, but this wasnt his night. David was unconscience in the 4th quarter and refused to let his team lose. NCS is gonna savor this win until they play again... sorry harpeth... hope it felt good getting beat by a smaller team and a smaller school, even though yall got a DI commit.

Man was this a good game. D. Anderson came out on fire and ended the game on fire!!! I will have to say Dansby had an off night even though he scored 21 points all inside of 3 feet, he is a great talent and one of the coachs told me after the game that he was feeling bad because he had a rootcanal performed incorrectly and had to go back and have sugery. I wish Dansby much luck in the future. The only reason the NCS fans bothered you was because you was getting beat by a team that is smaller and has less talent then yours and they were letting you know about it. I hope the boys can keep it up until J. Anderson returns then its gonna get crazy!!

Edited by NCS03