Loretto vs Summertown

mas1821

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Leah Stone is back in the scoring column. She has been having some tough single digit games the past two or three times out. Was Summertown's 2 players that did not play on Tuesday playing tonight? I think it was Lovett and Tucker. Was the officiating as bad as it was the past couple of games? Probably not, considering that a school other than single-A was involved. :)

Brittany Lovett and Jessica Tucker did not play. This made the young Lady Eagles team even younger. At one point in the game the Lady Eagles had one senior (Corbin) and 4 freshmen (Franks, Tamia Tucker, Walker & Peterson) on the floor at one time. The Lady Eagles played a great second half. 14 turnovers in the first half and bad free throw shooting in the first half cost them down the stretch. The gave the Lady Mustangs all they wanted - if the Stone had not been hot from 3-land, the outcome would have been different.

Great game Lady Eagles.

But she was, and thats why shes on the team. Its always hard to win @Summertown, tough atmosphere. They always make a run, and the run was made but yall were still short. Great game to both teams.

PS If Corbin wouldnt have played, it wouldnt have even been close.

Edited by score3

Score 3 - What kind of statement is "if Corbin hadn't played it wouldn't have been close " ????? The same could be said that if Cross or L. Stone hadn't played, it wouldn't have been close - with Loretto on the short end.

If I were you, I'd be worried that the Lady Eagles were missing 2 starters (one of which (Lovett) is the primary ball handler and averaging better than 15 pts a game) and you were only able to beat us by 4.

I'll grant you that the Lady Mustangs are a good bunch - I've known that since these girls were in the 4th grade and we were playing each other. But based on what they showed tonight, I wouldn't be making any reservations for the 'boro, as many seem to think they are destined this year.

Score 3 - What kind of statement is "if Corbin hadn't played it wouldn't have been close "  ?????    The same could be said that if Cross or L. Stone hadn't played, it wouldn't have been close - with Loretto on the short end.

If I were you, I'd be worried that the Lady Eagles were missing 2 starters (one of which (Lovett) is the primary ball handler and averaging better than 15 pts a game) and you were only able to beat us by 4.

I'll grant you that the Lady Mustangs are a good bunch - I've known that since these girls were in the 4th grade and we were playing each other.  But based on what they showed tonight, I wouldn't be making any reservations for the 'boro, as many seem to think they are destined this year.

Well Said... Great game to the Lady Eagles... #23 Tamia "Tee" Tucker RULES!.. lol, doesn't put up alot of points, but she makes up for it everywhere else, I'd say she'll be pretty awesome as she gets older, especially with all the varsity experience she's getting as a freshman... LOOK OUT when we come to the "BARN".. we'll have our WHOLE team healthy and playing hopefully for the next one.

Edited by timdawg21

I think the Loretto people and the Scummertown people should brawl, while listening to "Sweet Home Alabama" at the Lawrence Co High School gym with all of the Scummertown rebel flags and the Loretto male cheerleaders to see which school is worthy of the nickname "The Barn" for their gym. CoachT will be the official. :D