The best all-around player to play @ your school?

Bulldog9

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all time at DC, I think it would be Perry Powell, but I haven't watched DC for a long time.

Currently, I can't pick between Courtney and Antonio.

825111039[/snapback]

O.K. Perry was a real good player, but Antonio should not even be mentioned he only really played 2 yrs. Guys Like Tony Lambert, Montrell Crittendon, James Watson, Quincy Pirtle, Wille Reed, Steve Tsia, Should be mentioned before Courtney, Ive had the pleasure of playing with all these guys either in the gym or playground (except Steve Tsia) They are all pretty darn good and most I played with while in school. But Bryan Fisk is probably the best but Lambert and Powell would give a great argument.

O.K. Perry was a real good player, but Antonio should not even be mentioned he only really played 2 yrs. Guys Like Tony Lambert, Montrell Crittendon, James Watson, Quincy Pirtle, Wille Reed, Steve Tsia, Should be mentioned before Courtney, Ive had the pleasure of playing with all these guys either in the gym or playground (except Steve Tsia) They are all pretty darn good and most I played with while in school. But Bryan Fisk is probably the best but Lambert and Powell would give a great argument.

825452228[/snapback]

notice the date at which i said that and notice that i said "currently" which was last year when i posted.... i was saying that they were the best right then

At Bolivar Willie Kemp will probably end up being the best player to come out of there but since he hasnt graduated yet and anything could happen to him im gonna have to go with Petey Crisp. They had a bad team when him and ashley champion where there. And for whoever said Crisp was playin at Tenn Tech i think he graduated last year...not sure but unless he sat out a year he should be gone by now.

At Hampton I am sure it would be Barry Phillips and I believe most would agree. But there were a lot of other great players such as Leon Tolley, Kevin Ward, Jerry White, and Milburn Ellis.

825111937[/snapback]

I played against Barry Phillips in three sports (Football, Basketball and Track). Several say his best sport was Baseball; how's that for All Around?

And Leon Tolley.... not many players have ever been named State Tournament MVP.... from the Runner-Up team? Pretty amazing.

Edited by krichunaka

Ashley and Petey are both graduated and were playing overseas ball. Petey is home from poland and just had his jersey retired from Bolivar. Ashley is still playing overseas. They did have a good team and went to the state tournament in 1998 when petey was a sophomore and ashley a junior. They lost by the three points to the state champions in the first round Memphis kingsbury. That 1998 team was great with other players such as michael taylor, gary grey, and rashad smith in the other starting spots.