TSSAA/Cleveland HS

dblduce

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, this is a touchy subject. This has been discussed before with the only results being more questions than answers. It seems this is going to be swept under the rug, even coacht must be getting some presure as he has locked the discusion about the status of Jay Davis' eligibility. It is sad but we may never know the truth. It has been assured on the other thread that Jay will be cleared to play after Christmas. Obviously if there was an investigation nothing was found or it was swept under the rug.

• 2 months later...

It's simple! Coach Brown did not check for credits before football season. Coach Green checked before basketball season and could not find enough to be eligible and did not want to play Davis and forfit games. Cleveland lied to TSSAA and got away with it. If Alabama had lied and not been honest maybe the death penalty had not taken place. Character education at work!!!!!!

If a player plays football and is not eligible . He is ineligible for one year.(365 days)in all sports,and the school forfeits all games that they won .If this is a player I am thinking of--------Cleveland will have to forfeit all basketball games since Christmas. I heard people talking about this tonight at MTSU. Ronnie Carter will have two different transcripts on his desk tomorrow, at least what I was told tonight.