Crazy Idea

mhabballfan

How about we put all the teams in one big division. This would make schools play harder, get better coaches, and stop having 10 state champions in each sport. I believe the definition of a champion is the conquer or victor. There cannot be 10 of theme. Could you see the NCAA dividing D1 into D1A, D1AA, D1AAA, D1Private small, D1Private large. ESPN would go crazy. Maybe that is what tennessee high school sports fans should do.

How about someone has to sit out a year if they change schools, unless they change counties. This will stop the legal movement between public, optional, and private schools.

How about the small private schools stop crying about being poor. How about the small public schools crying about the small private schools beating them. How about the big schools stop crying about the rich private schools beating them. The poorer NBA teams don't get to play in the NBDL and the richer NBA teams in the NBA. Why do we divide up state High Schools, only to make things "fairer" for teams that don't and won't push to be the best. Over the past 10 to 15 years almost every school has finished in the top 4 in the state in a sport. Memphis Catholic used to be a powerhouse if you need an example.

Screw stupid Multipliers and fiscal aid division that take a MIT graduate to understand. How about we put everyone together, play their butts off, and whoever is the best wins the state championship!

Edited by mhabballfan

How about we put all the teams in one big division. This would make schools play harder, get better coaches, and stop having 10 state champions in each sport. I believe the definition of a champion is the conquer or victor. There cannot be 10 of theme. Could you see the NCAA dividing D1 into D1A, D1AA, D1AAA, D1Private small, D1Private large. ESPN would go crazy. Maybe that is what tennessee high school sports fans should do.

How about someone has to sit out a year if they change schools, unless they change counties. This will stop the legal movement between public, optional, and private schools.

How about the small private schools stop crying about being poor. How about the small public schools crying about the small private schools beating them. How about the big schools stop crying about the rich private schools beating them. The poorer NBA teams don't get to play in the NBDL and the richer NBA teams in the NBA. Why do we divide up state High Schools, only to make things "fairer" for teams that don't and won't push to be the best. Over the past 10 to 15 years almost every school has finished in the top 4 in the state in a sport. Memphis Catholic used to be a powerhouse if you need an example.

Screw stupid Multipliers and fiscal aid division that take a MIT graduate to understand. How about we put everyone together, play their butts off, and whoever is the best wins the state championship!

Your thread is aptly named.

ballfan,

Cool thread....NOT! Tell me you've heard of Divisions 2 and 3 in the NCAA. And the Arena Football League.

You have to understand that there are different population clusters in our great rural/suburb/city state. There are different regions where there are more citizens, better jobs, very different socio-economic classes.

Wait a minute. You are joking, right. This thread....it was meant just to be funny, right? So why am I responding to it? Dummy me. Happy New Year, ballfan! :justwrestle:

Tell me you've heard of Divisions 2 and 3 in the NCAA. And the Arena Football League.

You have to understand that there are different population clusters in our great rural/suburb/city state. There are different regions where there are more citizens, better jobs, very different socio-economic classes.

Notes to Self:

Number 1: I think people aquire skills in sports by practice, not by how big their house is or how much their parents make or the area they live in. I see that Bartlett High, 2000 students, middle-to-rich area, has had averaged over 20 wins over the last few years. I see that Raleigh-Egypt high, in an area of poor-to-middle class, in a rough neighborhood and still has seen as much success as Bartlett has had.

Number 2: The NCAA D1, D2, and D3 are not really split up for any other way than getting to small state schools and community colleges that play only football and men's bball, away from the schools that play all the sports and fill the stands. You can read how the divisions are divided up here: What's the difference between Divisions I, II and III? By ignoreing the number of scholorship rules and changing attendance numbers, all but about 5 to 10 Tennessee high schools would be in Division I. If you change the attendance rules, all but 25 Tennessee high schools would be D2 (Note: D2 schools are not required to give scholorships, but they may.)

"By ignoreing the number of scholorship rules and changing attendance numbers, all but about 5 to 10 Tennessee high schools would be in Division I. "

maybe i missed something, but it seems that if you drop scholarship and attendance rules, that only leaves the number of sports requirement.

well, that isnt so hard to check. i simply started with the closest single a public, and worked outward, checking the number of sports they offered according to the tssaa site. after the first 15 schools i tried ALL failed to qualify, i came to the conclusion that you made no effort to determine whether your statement had any basis in fact.

"By ignoreing the number of scholorship rules and changing attendance numbers, all but about 5 to 10 Tennessee high schools would be in Division I. "

maybe i missed something, but it seems that if you drop scholarship and attendance rules, that only leaves the number of sports requirement.

well, that isnt so hard to check. i simply started with the closest single a public, and worked outward, checking the number of sports they offered according to the tssaa site. after the first 15 schools i tried ALL failed to qualify, i came to the conclusion that you made no effort to determine whether your statement had any basis in fact.

Oh, they don't need no stinkin facts. They all obviously know what is best for everyone without bringing 'facts' into the equation. Funny how 'what's best' for everyone happens to benefit them and not the rural public schools. But , as I was told on here just the other day, we are small, & therefore unimportant.

Perry County has, let's see...Men's and Women's Basketball, Football, Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Golf(men's and women's). Where would that put us, Laz?

Edited by GregC

Notes to Self:

Number 1: I think people aquire skills in sports by practice, not by how big their house is or how much their parents make or the area they live in.

Number 2: The NCAA D1, D2, and D3 are not really split up for any other way than getting to small state schools and community colleges that play only football and men's bball, away from the schools that play all the sports and fill the stands. You can read how the divisions are divided up here: [url=http://www.ncaa.com/about/div_criteria.html

Number 1: And the Division One NCAA schools recruit players on much, much more than, "how hard did this 6' 6" 310 pound, All American Offensive Lineman practice"? Talent and physical presence are the primary considerations. If they don't practice at the next level, no matter their potential, then they don't make the team.

Number 2: The Division 1, D2 and D3 schools compete with other schools within thier leagues; and as history has sorely proven time and time again: to go and "play up," as ETSU did a couple years back by going to Auburn, and Miami.... to do so is at one's own peril, and highly NOT recommended; not to mention, a little dangerous.

The Division 3 schools offer no athletic money; so they're excluded as to their relevance here. Further, not all Division 2 schools - Davidson being a prime example - give football scholarships; again, irrelevant.