Best player in Nashville?

redfan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Baker is a very good player but Jada Mincy was the MVP of the state tournament last year. Just setting the record straight - maybe she'll get hers some day. Mincy won it even though her team lost in the finals.

Edited by yfd

There are a couple of players in Nashville who are pretty tough. The sophomore class has the most depth, but Jessica Mooney is the best of the group. Shakeya Johns and Rhoneshia (sp?) Taylor are pretty good. There are also a couple of pretty good ones at Pearl who don't get noticed. The best one may the Abernathy girl from MLK.

Lightford is the best senior, but she is limited because she is only an average shooter. Some other seniors that are tough are Carmela Daniel and Ashley Gordon at Overton.

The junior class is not all that strong. Chantelle Blakely from Antioch is good, but has never gotten better. The same could also be said for T'Qwana Pendergrast at Maplewood.

As for freshman, the best one I have seen so far, Carolyn Mills from Glencliff is as good as any freshman I have seen in Metro in seven or eight years. She could be outstanding.

I don't really know about many of the private schools. Jada Mincey (I think thats her name) from Ezell is tough, although I think Lightford is better. I haven't seen Harpeth Hall.

Whose the best?

Right now, I'd say Mooney then Lightford.

Who is going to be the best?

Impossible to say, but Carolyn Mills could be special.

Add Ryann King And Crystal Shelton both juniors at Hune Fogg

Jacquelyn Chenger FRA soph

Jennifer Bognar and Falonda Bowers both juniors at Hillsboro

The Soloman twins at Hillsboro are freshman while not as polished as C.Miils at

Glencliff they are special also and one or the other starts each game

Tiffany Scales and Tay Mayberry at Hunter's Lane jr. and soph respectively

Oh yea, Mariska Reed at Ezell is flat out good

In no particular order (and I am only listing Nashville players):

Haley Riebeling-USN

Jessica Mooney-Hillsboro

Sarah Baker-Harpeth Hall

Whitney Downs-Harpeth Hall

Taylor Parrish-Harpeth Hall

Nancy Sisk-Harpeth Hall

Mariska Reed-Ezell

Keaton Bodiford-DCA

Tobin Steadman-FRA

Ryann King-Hume-Fogg

Crystal Shelton-Hume-Fogg

Amia Steele-Hume-Fogg

Chantelle Blakely-Antioch

Brittany Abernathy-MLK

Shakeya Johns-Antioch

Tiffany Scales-Hunter's Lane

Candace Lightford-Pearl-Cohn

Carolyn Mills-Glencliff

T'Qwana Pendergrast-Maplewood

To say that a player is the best in whatever criteria is considered is always vague. The way I rate the player for this lofty position is if you take a terrible team and then put this player on that terrible team, they would now become a contender. While all the girls mentioned are excellent players, I think that the one girl that makes the most difference for her team would be Jessica Mooney. This is not to say that Hillsboro is bad, it is to say that you can put Jessica on a 0-fer and she would make the team a contender.

Jessica's Mother has trained her for years and the Mooney's are seeing the results of all the effort.

Congratulations Mrs. Mooney!

:justwrestle: