12-AAA dominance

otis

Let's see ... Leroy Wright Tournament, Stratford defeats Glencliff in the finals. Overton Tournament, clean sweep by 12-AAA in first round, McGavock beats Pearl-Cohn in the finals. Ryan Tournament, Stratford vs. Glencliff in the finals tomorrow. Seems these teams only lose if they're battling a district foe.

*McGavock's only loss was a double OT thriller vs. Stratford.

*Glencliff has two losses against Stratford, but has beat up on everybody else.

*Stratford has two losses on the books, but those were before the football players joined the squad, and with Henry Harris injured (can you say JV?)

*Antioch, Whites Creek and Maplewood have fine teams and can play with anybody

*Hunters Lane is having growing pains with young players, but they beat Hendersonville

*Pearl-Cohn is the best cellar dwellar in the state. They could win some AAA districts.

This district has been a war zone for years!

Early All-District 12-AAA Dream Team

1 Henry Harris Stratford best PG in the state

2 Bubba Taylor Maplewood mucho talent, been through the wars

3 Leroy Bluing Whites Creek solid in every phase of the game

4 Jamont Gordon Glencliff as talented as anyone in the state

5 David Palmer Antioch will dominate when healthy

I know McGavock kids are worthy, but which one do you pick? They all play so hard. And who would you leave off of the 5 listed above?

Let's see ... Leroy Wright Tournament, Stratford defeats Glencliff in the finals. Overton Tournament, clean sweep by 12-AAA in first round, McGavock beats Pearl-Cohn in the finals. Ryan Tournament, Stratford vs. Glencliff in the finals tomorrow. Seems these teams only lose if they're battling a district foe.

*McGavock's only loss was a double OT thriller vs. Stratford.

*Glencliff has two losses against Stratford, but has beat up on everybody else.

*Stratford has two losses on the books, but those were before the football players joined the squad, and with Henry Harris injured (can you say JV?)

*Antioch, Whites Creek and Maplewood have fine teams and can play with anybody

*Hunters Lane is having growing pains with young players, but they beat Hendersonville

*Pearl-Cohn is the best cellar dwellar in the state. They could win some AAA districts.

This district has been a war zone for years!

I know McGavock kids are worthy, but which one do you pick? They all play so hard. And who would you leave off of the 5 listed above?

I'll counter with Districts 15-AAA and 16-AAA. 15's got White Station, Wooddale, Ridgeway, Germantown, a Houston team that will be good before long,

16-AAA is a war zone, and every team in the league has won the state title. Fairley, Hamilton, Melrose, Central, East, Northside, Whitehaven, Craigmont.

i'll say this no on should sleep on 12-aaa in the state tourney. mcgavock is developing a style of play similar to the old science hill days. nonstop press play everybody and no real superstar. this team will be one to watch.

also it is no surprise they are doing better w/o harris. i wish him the best in health. but if he takes over when he's better they'll fold.

Edited by cobrafan90

Although David Palmer will be a force, the key to Antioch's team is SR Tywan Trice. Averaging about 15 a game. Underrated by everyone because of Palmer. I would have him on my dream team.