Farragut vs. Maryville

Hoops4ever

Now that Farragut has won the Super 16 tournament, the Admirals have been given the number 1 ranking in the state. Farragut now takes on their toughest match to date with a game at Maryville. Farragut won the first battle, although Tyler Gaskin especially, Andrew Hodge, and Antonio Byner were notably absent. Maryville might have the best duo in east tennessee in Gaskin and Tipton. but Farragut has arguably the top starting five and depth that will rival any teams. Will Maryville payback Farragut or will the admirals be worthy of their new ranking and perhaps clinch the regular season championship with a win? Comments, jokes, whatever.......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I am a loyal Farragut fan but I do not see them as the best team in the State. I would go with White Station. Do not get me wrong though, they are a good team. Hoops4ever, where did you find this ranking with them as No. 1?

Maryville vs Farragut does promise to be an exciting game; with Farragut just coming off a big championship tournament win and Maryville now at full strength, everyone who is capable of being there should. I know I will be. Go Admirals!!

No doubt, Tipton and Gaskin are studs. But I have to believe that Farragut's overall depth of talent will prevail.

Maryville could really use Joey Koontz back at full speed (early summer knee injury).

I always get in trouble for these kind of statements, and I know at times different players have stepped up and contributed, but my honest assessment is that Maryville is perilously thin after you get past Andy and Tyler.

I'm happy for Farragut. I have a lot of respect for their coach. I've watched him over the years and he's always been a class act from my vantage point.

Good assessment Govman, glad for the support.

Coach D is a good guy, fun to be around and knows the sport. But I can't help to sometimes question his coaching and especially his substitutions. Then again, if all the fans didn't criticize coaching, the sport would be boring. I'm sure its a tough job to do and this year he's doing a good job of doing it.

Top 3 is more like it. I have seen them play on more than one occasion and they can hang with with any team in tennessee. they do have a great team and they really don't have that big of a team... more jv players take up the bench then those who aren't starting. Farragut has a lot of heart, and that is what just about every team in knoxville is lacking. they know they have talent and they have decided that they want to go somewhere with that talent.

I dont see this years Farragut team near last years Maryville team, and that team was ranked 2nd in the state all yr. behind White Station. Now I know they beat Maryville once last yr but Maryville did beat them twice, and that team was way loaded with Lee Humphrey of course. Farragut is going good, but nowhere near the top 5 in the state. I saw them play against Bearden, and no, not top 5. They play one complete team and they'll get killed. The likes of Bradley Central, White Station or someone. Go Rebels Saturday I'll be cheerin.