Giles Co vs Lewis Co

anonymousballer

Well in my heart i hope lewis wins but giles has the edge.If they can hold tyler to at most 15 and keep shannon from getting hot than they can have a significant chance.I believe if one of the two players i just mentioned was out than it will be a barn burner.you may say different but i have seen giles play since the lewis game and lewis since it also and lewis is 5-0 and giles is 4-2both loses coming against the #1 team in the state.This might just be a pretty good game whether you people from giles believe so or not.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, that last post made very little sense. Giles County has went 4-3 since the Lewis County game...two of those losses coming against Bradley Central (could be the #1 team in the state). Lets just hope, that the Bobcats aren't too fired up about losing to Bradley again, or it could get very very very ugly for you guys. Who has Lewis County played in their 5 game winning streak...any Bradley Central's in their schedule...probably not. Just because GC has lost 3 games since our last meeting with you guys, doesn't mean they have gotten worse...they are a totally different team than when you saw them a month ago.

I'm not going to give a score or anything but it will be a totally different game this time. Giles Co has played Bradley Central twice, the team I hit my homerun against last year lol, which has definately helped them out a lot. If everybody remembers the 1st game was within about 10 points for two and a half quarters until White Boy started shooting the lights out. If we can contian hold Tyler to minimal damage and keep White Boy from making so many 3's it should be a close game. We also can't forget Dustin Culberson had his best game ever against Giles Co the 1st time. :lol:

Goldenboy...I don't think anyone in this region can hold Tyler to minimum points...if he wants to score. As for White Boy...which one, Zach or Shay, because when they are on, those two can flat stroke. I don't see this game being a bit closer than the first meeting in which Giles won by 25...

I think that Lewis County has a very good team, and on any given night any team can get beat. The cats are very beatable. Smith is as good as it gets and Shannon is a mid-major talent. The rest of the team in my opinion is very suspect. Givens plays hard and is a quick jumper, great rebounder for 6'1", not a great talent. Morris is a 6'6" rocket, skinny as a rail, hates contact, doesn't shoot well and unless he decides to show up simply is not a weapon at all. I like Zach Holt's hustle, but that is about all, he is a streak shooter and can on occasion get hot. Channing Coffey is the 2nd best prospect on the team but just stays in the coaches doghouse and does not get enough opportunities. They do not have any bench. They have a couple of very young players that could mature into decent players, but none of them are capable of playing long productive minutes.

That is how they match up with very talented teams like Bradley who have more talent. As for Lewis County, it is my humble opinion that the Smith Shannon combo is just to much talent them to handle. Lewis spends to much energy on these two and it allows the rest of the team (GCHS) to shine through. While anything can happen, and the cats are very beatable, I just see them winning the Lewis County game. I do not see them losing a district or region game this season. They will struggle this year in the sub-state and or state tourney. I hope they prove me wrong but I do not see the gold ball for the cats this season.

Pretty good post PulaskiVols. Nothing but the truth in that post. Coffey and Smith should get more playing time together, they are the future of this team (if Smith stays put). As much as ya'll like Coffey, I believe Garrett could possibly suprise everyone more next year...granted he keeps his grades up and Holt lets him play. Giles should have a cakewalk through the region tournament, then comes the sub-state. It is certain that they will have to face a very good team out of Memphis...possibly Southside, Bolivar, or BTW. That is where we find out what they are really made of. The Brentwood game will be another test before that time, however.