Farragut @ Clinton

melkor2114

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebelsman, even you know that a particular school seems to have the same refs over and over. The refs at last night's game were three I've never seen before and I hope never to see them again!

Now, having just played Farragut you know that they play a physical game. (Most team's try to push Bosse around on the inside to try and take his height out of the game.) But you also know that Maryville, Bearden and everyone else plays just about as physical and fouls just about as much! Come on... 32 fouls to 10? Vibbert pushes and shoves as much as anyone I've seen and he was called for 2 fouls! This game was clearly unbalanced in its officiating.

All in all it was a pretty well played game. Clinton has some definite size and pretty good outside shooting, but shooting double bonus for more than a quarter when the other team never reaches the bonus is tough to overcome! I don't believe the question is whether Farragut actually committed those 32 fouls... If the officials are calling it that close, most of those calls were fine. The question is what about the at least 10-15 that weren't called on Clinton? You know without seeing the game that those fouls existed! This game was not well called and the officials should be reviewed!

We had officials last night that I have not seen this year. Two of them I have seen in years past and did a pretty good job. The guy I didn't recognize was pretty inconsistent. I said in an earlier post that the officiating since Christmas has been very bad. In our case it has been bad on both ends of the court. They have been letting the games get way too rough by not calling fouls.

You are right about seeing the same officials week after week. I wonder why?

IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG,

Here Goes trying to explain Clinton's record:

Losses are to

@McMinn County in a shootout, JuJuan Smith : all state, DI guard

@Oak Ridge 71-67

Jeff County by 5, common opponent with Farragut who Farragut beat by 2

@ Wayne County, Ky top 10 in Kentucky (all classifications)

@ Chicago Prosser (8), Chicago Marshall (1), and Lincoln, IL (8)

Clinton is getting much better with this experience and will be really good at tournament time. They are every bit as talented as Farragut but have played a much tougher schedule. Just my take, The Dog

CHSBB or whatever your name is don't tell me that's BS cause i was at the game and i saw it with my own eyes...like i've said before, im not gonna be angry at a referee when my team loses, or gets outplayed, but this was absolute crap! im sorry but 20-4 in the second half when you have MYKAIL on your team who is by far one of the most physical and sometimes dirty players in the area! He always has played like that and i hope that farragut does play clinton again sometime NOT in clinton - i sat at the game with some clinton fans, two very nice individuals i must add, and they also admitted that the referring was ridiculous and made comments about how it has always been that way! i believe in most circumstances players and coaches can make changes and make up for a poor call, but 20-4....you tell me how you make up for that! clinton has a good team and im not taking that away from them but your ref's straight up s u c k