Why is Huntingdon Basketball A and Football AA

shotmaker

i think one way to get rid of the number of students in a school is not allow students to attend the school unless they live near it, like GC gets kids from madison and crocket countys all the time and we except em, i beleive that if a kid doesnt live with in a certain milage or has went to one of the feeder schools they shouldnt be allowed to attend the school, GC has over 600 kids in attendance i think and about 200 of them didnt go to a feeder school, plus MEdina which is just as close to Milan or humboldt usually drops a lot of kids on us, makin kids go to a different school like that will take away some atheletes that would help out our programs but it wouldnt hurt for our football team to be 1A for a couple of years.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Medina IS a feeder school for Gibson County High School, regardless of how near or far it is between the schools. Most Medina students choose to either attend Milan or North Side in Madison Co., but that doesn't change the fact that its part of the system. Medina parents are proposing the building of a new high school, however, which could be interesting, within the next few years. They would probably separate from the GC system then, giving Gibson County six separate high schools and school systems. Imagine if Peabody, GC, Milan, Humboldt, and Bradford combined for one high school - pretty decent athletic program.

Second, Gibson Co. could be AA or AAA and lose all their games. If they were A, which is not even a thought, then they might win 3, but still miss the playoffs. :ph34r:

hey bbcoach17, if they built a high school in medina it would more than likely a single A school, that would take about 200-250 kids away from our school system, makin us a AA, MAYBE, and are u talkin about football loosing all there games casue i will put money on it that they win at least 2 next year, just because we have struggled in AAA ball doesnt mean anything, i think they played triple A ball in 95 and that was the first year they went the playoffs, its the fact that kids are comin to our school to join tha freakin band and not play football. What would u think the rivalry would be like if they did build a school in medina?