Franklin at Brentwood

FHSrebel27

Woah, didn't know I couldn't be a homer... especially when it comes to play Brentwood. I could care less if we had an all freshmen team going up against Brentwood's best, I still think we'd win. There is no rule to being a supporter that says one must be realistic. Though, I did feel we were going to win. I think we might see a different result when they meet up at Franklin.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are right about the different result. Next time Brentwood's coach might not take out his starter's and they will win by 25. FHSREBEL you make absolutely no sense with your freshman players comment and I hope you are not looking forward to your JV players moving up. Hey next time sense you think your are going to win--I got a 100 reasons saying Brentwood will win........

GO PATS

Ohhh, I get it now. Wait! I'm blind?! Ha, thanks Wes for the laugh!

Mboro, what I was saying is that I don't care who we're playing, what circumstances, where it's at, who's hurt, etc etc I'm going to feel that we're going to win. That makes me a homer (and a lovely poet- don't you know it?) and I don't mind one bit.

GO LADY REBELS!

Yeah, I know this reply is a little late. This is the first time for me to be on in a long time. I was reading what everyone was saying and it is quite interesting. For one thing, Brentwood's coach is not better that Franklin's. If you compare last years score to this years you will see a difference. Losing last year by 53 and then losing this year only by 10.... thats a HUGE difference. Now i realize, M'boroPats that he kept his starters in... thats a coaches opinion. Not every coach will take out there starters at the end of the game. Even, if he had taken out his starters, he has a couple other players he could have put in that would take Brentwoods nonstaters. No matter what it wasnt goin to end with a 20 lead Brentwood. Franklin is stronger than that.

Comment by M'boroPATS..... I hope you are not looking forward to your JV players moving up. Hey next time sense you think your are going to win--I got a 100 reasons saying Brentwood will win.......

What does that mean. Please do tell. Lets see JV players not moving up... which JV players?.... i might be reading this totally wrong, but make it clear for me M'boro thanks. Also you got 100 reasons and I would like to hear them. You feel so confident in Brentwood then show that confidence and tell me those 100 reasons you got.

Also.... Amazing game Nikki Barney. I also give credit to Lauren Dugger, she had a great game too. I didnt know what to expect goin into this game bc i didnt remember much about Lauren but she did good. Impressive.

As I close the message, I wanted to say one last time Great game Bruins. You out played us. Give you all credit. The loss of Franklin does not fall on any one persons shoulders. It was a team effort and the team got defeated. Keep your heads up ladies.

Prediction for the next match between FHS vs. BHS.... well, when i predict i dont give numbers. I believe Franklin will come back pumped up. Now Brentwood can do either 2 things.... they can come back and play hard and have a good match up..... or they can slack off like a lot of teams do and have a harder game than expected. Whoever comes out in the very beginning of the game and takes the lead and works for it..... will have the advantage.

Good Luck next time ladies. Brentwood have a good rest of the year.

SPORTSCHIC24---------Let me start off on the JV comment. FHS's JV team is HORRIBLE!! I mean absolutely pathetic. If you think any of those girls are going to contribute next year--GOOD LUCK!! ------------Now, the 100 reason comment---I was inferring that if FHSrebel think FHS will beat Brentwood--I have a 100 spot saying BHS wins. (or in layman's terms 100 George Washingtons) With regards to this Nikki Barney she is a decent player, but Brentwood's coaching staff will hold her under 20 points next time. Also, as far as Nikki going for 28----She had 10 of those points in the last 2 minutes playing against the weakest players on the bench and the towel girl. My prediction will be Brentwood by 20 next time.

COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW COME ON!!!!! LETS BE SERIOUS FOR A SECOND!!!!!!!! Coach Pantall--is a JOKE!!! He worries more about causing a scene in the gym and trying not to lose to bad to BHS instead of coaching his own players. All he is a LOUD MOUTH simple minded coach. All he does is rely on his players talent. Furthermore, Brentwood's assistant coach Carter took FRA to the state tourney two years ago, while Coach Pantall has proably never been to state. B-Ball is a game of adjustments, BHS coaching staff defenatly knows how to make adjustments in the course of a game. While Pantall plays the same old game!! Maybe he should worry less about the REFS and more about his players....................

GO PATS

Let's not get too carried away with emotions. Who is the best coach between Coach Pantall or Coach Seig. They are both great coaches, probably the 2 best coaches in 11-AAA. Do they teach fundamentals, they both do. Who's going to win next time? If you look at history, probably Brentwood, but Franklin has played Hillsboro close in recent years, just got to get past the history of the 2 programs.

I believe they both have been to the STATE TOURNEY, just not as head coach but maybe as assistant. Both the coaches have a tremendous amount of CLASS & CHARACTER which you don't see very often in high school sports or any sports these days.

I'm looking from the outside & I see 2 coaches that work hard during the season and the off season, some just get more tallent than the other but that doesn't mean they shouldn't play the game.

Best of luck to both coaches & programs, who hope to represent the District and county well in future matchups & opponents.

Wow, didnt know you would get that serious about it. It's ok M'BoroPATS you can calm, down now. I wasnt lookin for a back and forth im right... no im right sort of thing.

Alright..... JV players

Don't know much about Brentwood so basicly dont have anything to say about them... they have a couple good players but nothing we can't stop. If you are referring to the fhs vs bhs JV game then let me state this..... For one thing when Franklin was in man to man.... we had one of our weakest players on your tall girl that was pretty good. I dont know her number or her name, sorry. Basicly, that girl scored all the points. You passed it to her and she just took it up. SOO basicly on defense we had a miss match.

Second.... Every player is only aloud to play 2 quarters. I dont mind that, everyone gets equal playing time. The better players dont get to play against your better players.

Thats just how it goes.... nothin we can do about that. Another coaches decision.

Third.... if you take a look at the players on Franklin's JV they are all made up of Grassland and Freedom Middle school players. When the Grassland sophmores this year were in 8th grade they won HVAC and Williamson County Tournament. Freedom had close games with Grassland and got 2nd i believe in their division. ALSO..... Last years freshman team for Franklin beat Brentwoods by lets see.... 50 somethin. If you dont think those players will come up and give you a game or two in the future i will just be in total shock at the fact that you cant see that. Freshman last year won everything.....beat teams by over 30 most games. They have some players and most the players on JV dress varsity.

Coaches....

Pantall is no joke. And he fact that you said he cares more about yelling at a ref more than his players. Coaches look after their players.... He will back us up if he believes that the call was unfair and not right. I like that about any coach. I give Brentwood's coach LOTS and LOTS of credit..... they both are very good and would love to play for them but I will play for Pantall anyday. Yes, people don't agree with some of the things he does but not every coach is perfect. He takes credit for losses when it is truly the players that screwed up. He's a good coach. I am friends with Brentwoods JV coach and think he is very good. You guys have great coaches.

Nikki Barney....

To say shes just decent is just a little too much. She has lead us to wins over good teams, a great leader, and knows the sport. She has a great shot and basicly out shot you last game. Don't try to take anything away from her by saying that she scored 10 against JV players. Take 10 away thats still 18. If you think thats just decent then wow.

Im not looking for some smart-a comment back about any of these subjects.... we'll just leave it to the next game. The first game is over and done with and there is nothing we can do about it and right now we need to focus on our next game. AGAIN, good luck Brentwood players and have a good rest of the season and we will see you next time we meet.

So M'boroPATS..... since when did you feel so strong about your Bwood team and how do you know so much abou them.... so a player?

No offense to anyone who has posted on here - but what you guys say will not determine the outcome of this district or the next Franklin/Brentwood game. Talking and arguing about things like this is like arguing about Shelbyville and recruiting.

The only people who can make a difference in this game is the Brentwood girls and the Franklin girls. No one is to say how the next game will be (Jan. 30 @ FHS) or how the next few years will be.

Good Luck Lady Bruins, see ya at the end of the Month.