who are the top freshman girls basketball in the s

pma45

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York Institute has some talented freshmen. The most talented would be Courtney Delk. She has a sweet shot and makes some pretty amazing passes.

I've seen Elizabethton play and didn't see anything super about any of their freshman. They have one girl who is tall, but she's just tall. Nothing special. But then again I'm used to 7AA basketball.

You underestimate the Cyclones, but the Beast Is Rising In The East!

Anne Marie Lanning with out a question is the best freshman basketball player in the state of tennessee. She has started every game on varsity for the lady warriors and is the leading scorer averging close to 20 a game. She has scored 31 points in a game twice this season and remember she is playin freshmen ball, this is on the varsity. I put my money on her against any other player in the state..... Wait, i sure do sound like Pete Rose.

Lanning is not even top four freshman in the state. I think that Lanning is a good ballplayer but anyone can get 20 pts a game if you shoot it 25 times a game, The odds are in your favor.

The top 4 freshman in the state would have to be:

1. Ashley Herring 5'10 SG Bartlett High School - If She played in the right summer program then she would probably be at All American Camp this coming summer. She is considered by many publications as one of the top 10 freshman in the country. I have watched her alot over the past couple of summers and keep telling myself that their is noway she is only a freshman. If you have never seen her play then you need to make time to see her.

2. Caitlin Holifield 6'1 PF Powell High School - Very talented player that going continue to get better and better. Look for her to be a High D1 prospect before she graduates. She helped led her AAU team this past summer to a Number 7 finish in the 14 under AAU nationals.

3. Angela Puelo 5'8 PG William Blount High School - Watch this kid 3 to 4 times and have been impressed everytime I have seen her. Really looking foward to see how she does againist the best in the country while she plays with Shelbyville Sport Shop this summer.

4. Kerri Simpson 5'9 SG Cleveland High School - I really didn't like this kid attitude the first time I saw her this year but it seems Rachel has got that problem fixed cause the next time I saw her she was a totally different player. She can go off the dribble and score on about anyone but the only down fall is her ablity to knock down the open shot off the pass. I look for Rachel to fix that this summer.

Showtime7, not that I disagree with you about Ashley Herring, but could you name some of the publications that have her as highly rated as you mention? I too have seen this young lady play both AAU ball and varsity basketball with Bartlett. She has the rare combination of athleticsim, skill, knowledge of the game, and great attitude about team ball that you will rarely find in a freshman ball player. She is a highly recognized basketball player on the national summer "circuit".

I agree Kerri is a good player but has to learn to shoot the ball off the pass and get her shot up to be sucessful at the next level. I think that Rachel will work with her on it this summer.

It is bad that we don't have people working with younger kids on fundamentals and teaching them the proper way of shooting the basketball before they get to high school. Alot of Middle School coaches and AAU coaches in the younger age groups are more worried about winning and not about teaching the kids how to play the game of Basketball.