who are the top freshman girls basketball in the s

pma45

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Kerri is a good player but has to learn to shoot the ball off the pass and get her shot up to be sucessful at the next level. I think that Rachel will work with her on it this summer.

It is bad that we don't have people working with younger kids on fundamentals and teaching them the proper way of shooting the basketball before they get to high school. Alot of Middle School coaches and AAU coaches in the younger age groups are more worried about winning and not about teaching the kids how to play the game of Basketball.

it amazes me on how much people know about a kid whom they have never had in there gym. this young lady is nothin but a class act almost to nice to even be as good as she is. everyone who comes in contact with kerri knows she has a good spirit and has a good attitude. but you wouldnt know that unless she was in your gym on a regular basis. i have had the fine oppurtunity to get to know her and her family and they are considered a part of my family. kerri can shoot from the outside and it will only get better with continued reps. lets remember we are talkin about a freshman. she will get better no doubt about it. so let nature take its course.

Showtime7,

What publication are you reading that has the top Freshman in the country rated or ranked? Please let me know how to get a copy.

To all of the Tennessee folks, if most of these players are true freshmans, meaning born in 1989, then where were they at during the 13U AAU Nationals last year? I don't recall seeing this many standout players from TN. Although KAYA finished 7th, wouldn't TN be better represented if they played? I assume some may play up which really does not help the SE/TN's representation accross all age groups.

Does playing UP really help, or would it be better to play on the best team at your age? Just a thought....

first of all showtime is speakin of girls either he has or he wants for the Shelbyville sportshop team and kerri simpson was at the 13 - under nationals with the tennessee liberty.

McNairy Central's Erika Wright is one of the best freshmen in the state. She averages 12 points a game and has came off the bench most of the season. MCHS coach Jerry Lott has never started a freshman before this season and that says a lot about how good Wright is now.

The Lady Bobcats have a strong freshman class and they will be a force in the district race for the next few years. Eboni Crayton is another freshman that could be in the starting lineup for most teams.

Alli they made their decision two weeks ago to play up for the Shelbyville Sport Shop 15 under team. She is a great young player and we feel very fortunate to add her to this team cause the addition of Puelo will make this team that much stronger.

Slamjam you must not know me that well to say what you just said. Yes I talk about the Shelbyville Sport Shop kids cause they are the best. We can't help when we put All Star teams together that we get the best players. We don't have Kerri Simpson and haven't ever really made a push to try to get her. I think she is a great talent but think that if Kelli Logsdon would have got a chance to coach her when she was coming up she would be top 2 players in this class. That is just my opinion due to watching and seeing how Coach Logsdon gets her kids ready for the next level and other junior high / aau coaches in the Cleveland area just let their kids run wild and really don't teach them about the game like Coach Logsdon does. : :lol:

Edited by showtime7

Clay co. Has good freshman class.

Clay County's freshman team will be the S$*% when they are juniors and seniors.They will kick toeSo everybody better watchout cause our AAu team went to Nationals this past summer so i know when we get older we will win state.We are gonna put a GOLD ball beside all those silver balls that we have in our trophy case. :D

Alli they made their decision two weeks ago to play up for the Shelbyville Sport Shop 15 under team. She is a great young player and we feel very fortunate to add her to this team cause the addition of Puelo will make this team that much stronger.

Slamjam you must not know me that well to say what you just said. Yes I talk about the Shelbyville Sport Shop kids cause they are the best. We can't help when we put All Star teams together that we get the best players.  We don't have Kerri Simpson and haven't ever really made a push to try to get her. I think she is a great talent but think that if Kelli Logsdon would have got a chance to coach her when she was coming up she would be top 2 players in this class. That is just my opinion due to watching and seeing how Coach Logsdon gets her kids ready for the next level and other junior high / aau coaches in the Cleveland area just let their  kids run wild and really don't teach them about the game like Coach Logsdon does.  : :ph34r:

you know what showtime i dont know you and nor do i care to know you but i know your kind. anyone that would attack a kid and down rate a freshman at any level is kind of immature. as far as you and havin the best kids at the shelbyville sport shop i dont remember seein them at the nationals in dayton ohio last year. or did you even have a 13-under team. just a thought. well it is very evident that you are very high on kelli which is kool but you might want to get to know all the coaches in cleveland before you say what you do. if you ask any of the kids in the area about the different coaches you might not like their answers. so be careful what you ask for. why do we do what we do? for the kids thats who. nothin else noone else. to be honest i dont care what you think about me or anyone in cleveland but i do care about these kids dont mess with the kids.