Predictions for 11A

sportsmd

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Richalnd 2. Huntland, Forrest 3. Cornersville 4. Culleoka, Community 5. Eagleville Cascade 7. Moore Co

I wonder if the teams want it bad enough. Some have become content with letting Forrest, Richalnd or Cornersville to take it.

Last year Huntland gave a good run at it but do they want it more this year. Some real good pitcher in this district.

New coaches in some place which could change alot of things this year.

;)

I think you have severely underrated Moore Co. They are traditionally not a strong softball school, but they have a lot of returning talent. They have all of their pitchers back, three infielders and the catcher back, and several girls who saw time in the outfield returning. A few girls who haven't played in a while are coming back this year. All the best bats return also. They may not win the district, but they are a definite top three or four team. They beat some people and gave the top squads fits last season, and they will only be improved this season. Coach Bondurant is doing a terrific job with this program.

On another note, I am very excited for 11A softball because of the proposed multiplier rule. If the privates are bumped up out of class A, this district should see a real surge in fastpitch just because they'll know they have a chance to go all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you may be right about Moore Co. The coach did wonders with the team last year. Forrest played them early and Forrest ran over them. But the second meeting late in the season was a different story. If they have kept up the hard work they could be there at the end. Things should be really interesting this season in 11a. I have to go with my Lady Rockets.....they have more talent sitting on the bench waiting their turn than most teams have starting. If the pitching comes along they will be a force to deal with. Johnson is the pitcher in the district everone is talking about and with good reason she is very fast. Her change up came along pretty good last year. If she stays healthy and adds a pitch or two Richland will be very hard to beat. Culleoka should also be a very tough team this year. But this is all just talk, can't wait till ball season and just watching the girl play! There are four or five teams that could win this thing...which team wants it the most.............?

Couldn't agree with you more Sidetrain. It's been great seeing a public school from 11a going to State the last two years. And with the talent in the district we should be sending a team every year. Richland just fell short last year and a tight district 11a makes all the teams and players better. I hope the new field in Eagleville helps get them motivated, I looked it over the other day and it is real nice. So much better than playing on the boys field or having to go to another park to play. Support girls sports everyone!

Go Lady Rockets!!!

• 4 weeks later...
:P I think cascade may come in on top this year! News for community and eagleville they have been beat by cascade everytime since 2001! COME ON! And by the looks of the pitching, fielding and hitting I think they are gonna give people a run for there money! Watch for sophmores at cascade pitching has got a whole lot faster and watch out for one of the top hitters last year shes coming on strong!!! Edited by BAMA08

Unionville has long way to go but we got Brothers back and Coach Cathey is teach new pitches to Walls but the only back up Walls has is Graves and she only pitcheed in the Bedford Co league this past summer. We could get the younger Walls back earlier than we thought. Her knee is getting better every day. We could make trouble you some teams with the new coach. She is teaching a lot and trying to get the girls to enjoy the game of Fastpitch. So District 11A team jsut take off the day you play the Queens we could surpise you. Good luck to all teams :blink:

Sidetrain,

There seems to be alot of interesting rumors coming out of Forrest this past week. I think the whole district this year is up for grabs with at least 4 teams in the running. Richland, Forrest, Culleoka, Cornersville have always been tough. Moore Co. and Cascade are coming along and improving. Don't know who Huntland will have pitching with Dara May gone...It will be interesting and the team that wants it the most will win!! :justwrestle: