CBHS V. COLLIERVILLE

usfjim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collierville has a lot of unforseen injuries. If they had more healthy wrestlers, the dual would probably be on. It's one thing to wrestle with a couple of kids down, but the Dragons have 5-7 varsity kids with nagging injuries that won't heal if they keep wrestling. You have to look at it from the coach's perspective, instead of from the bleachers.

b.o.t.w., you forget that shawn is too fat and can't play with 19's anymore, much less those under the weight of 13. he's not convincing yet as a blown up 19 trying to wrestle 30. but maybe in time............and tomorrow nights meet at the mustang ranch is a quad. the spartan was already on the schedule with the roadrunner; the panther wanted to come out and play too so the leader of the dark side must have given them a two thumbs up. come one, come all, two mats, no waiting.

botw, I know you are the sought after guru, however, in stealing one of your well used, riding the fence kind of phrases, "this is only my opinion" here is mine: CBHS takes 103,112,135,145,152,160,189,215,275. Dragons take 125 and 130. That leaves 119,140 and 171 which I am not sure about. Either way, still a blow out!

starting time - 6 p.m. don't forget josh owns senior dragon h. (see multiple preseason events circa november 03) and baby hunt is well........i just don't see it happening. by the way, i just ran this match on my trusty xbox game, left side of the volunteer state wrestling 03-04, and it comes out a tie......after using all tie break scenarios, the xbox has an 88th tie breaker, which calls for the coaches to get into their singlets and throwdown. i turned it off, a tie is just fine.

Edited by usfjim

I'm not riding the fence on this one. I don't have to. You make these predictions based on very little knowledge of the programs. This is obvious, because I'm pretty sure that CBHS hasn't put a 119 on the mat in the last month. That's a forfeit. That brings us to 135. Nick Rogers just beat Frank Mondelli of Father Ryan (ranked #2 in D2). Josh Riddle of CBHS is ranked #5 in D2. Rogers finished ahead of Riddle at the Franklin tournament. How does this mean that Riddle is the favorite? Oh wait, he's not. You can't say he'll win just because he's ranked in D2. At 140, Cullen finished 2nd at Franklin. CBHS did not have a placer, just to clear up that mystery. At 171, CBHS has a kid ranked number one in the state. Collierville has a first-year wrestler. There's another bit of information that you were missing. I'm gonna step off my fence and out on a limb for a minute and say that CBHS (Simpson) would take that one. At 160, Velasco looks good (#1 in D2), but he'll have to prove himself against in-state competition before you can call him a sure bet against Jake Graham, who has pinned the #2 in D2 (Mayo of Ryan) twice in the past two weeks. enfuego, I only hope that our definitions of "blow out" are vastly different, because if CBHS only beat Bartlett by 10, how do you suppose that they will blow out Collierville? I doesn't take a guru to refute you one-sided and drastically exagerated arguement. Don't mistake my generally neutral disposition for riding the fence. I just don't like stirring up trouble. CBHS would be the favorite, but I doubt you'll find many that agree with you about the blow out. Check your facts next time, because you can be assured that I will check mine. If you're going to go looking for an argument like that, make it harder on me. Have a nice day.

Edited by best_of_the_west

If the Collierville team that finished 10th @ Ryan Invitational wresltes the CBHS team that came back vs Helias it will be ugly. I pick best match @ 160. This Graham kid is very good he is never out of position. I take Graham. Watched Velasco vs Helias he is a strong kid but I think he is not as technical as Graham . At one point Helias had the brothers 30-6 . Then the purple wave tide came in...

You finally did it! You made a statement with some assertiveness. I am proud of you. I was beginning to think you needed to pursue a career in politics. By the way botw, assuming CBHS takes 160 and 170, which I am sure they would, what would your final team score be? Consider this, not so sure dragon 135 would win? Can we say streaky?