AP Polls

kingbrian3

What was your reasoning for picking White Station over Bradley Central. Both have one loss, with Bradley's coming to a team from Louisiana and Bradley did beat WS in the ONE meeting they have had this year. I realize there is not much difference in the two, but since one beat the other THIS year, I would think that last years game would not be taken into consideration. However, last year, Bradley beat Cleveland twice before the pollsters would move Bradley in front of Cleveland.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I indeed ranked Bradley Central ranked No. 1 and White Station No. 2 because I witnessed the game between the two. Bradley Central is deserving of the No. 1 ranking at this time.

However, there are numerous writers across the state whose votes count just as much as mine. Most of them chose to go with White Station, probably based on their three state championships in the last four years. I really can't argue with the No. 1 is No. 1 until someone proves otherwise theory -- and after watching White Station play, I think they definitely could beat Bradley in Mufreesboro in March.

I voted in the AP poll as well and I'm not secretive at all.

All you have to do is ask.

I think how some of the voting went ... well how can you leave out a Jackson North Side girls team that is 13-1? Or Peabody? Or ... well those are just the schools in my area.

Tennessee is a big state and some schools get left out.

Plus, as already stated, the new system this year had some bugs in it and — hopefully — the poll will be better next time around.

jp

I really can't argue with the No. 1 is No. 1 until someone proves otherwise theory -- and after watching White Station play, I think they definitely could beat Bradley in Mufreesboro in March.

You as a writer should know not to assume stuff! White Station might not be in state because Memphis is loaded!

gordonsville is a good team. they have balanced scoring people that play defense and hustle. they have two guys on the front of the defense that are tall and have long arms. both probably average 5 or 6 steals apiece. and then they go down and dunk it. region 4 has to be the best in the state. district 7 has celina, picket, rbs, and district 8 has gville, westmoreland, it is gonna be a awesome region tournament. any one of them can win it on a good night.

No doubt,region 4 is an awesome district.With Clay Coutny,Pickett,Red Boiling<gordonsville,and Westmoreland..especially with players like Chase Stephens,Daniel Meador,and Joseph Bailey..come on....thats the top teams right there.any one of these teams could go all the way.Go CCHS Dawgs!

SG#18

Edited by Celinadawg18

Gordonsville only has 1 loss. The losses to Clarksville NE and Pickett Co. were in hall of fame games and do not count on TSSAA's record. Pickett Co. isn't on G-ville's schedule either, that is just who they happened to play in the tip-off classic.

Their record is 15-1 after beating Watertown last night. They definitely deserve their #1 ranking. They beat Celina bad the second game, and they have also beat RBS.