Wright vs. Smith

PulaskiVols

It was fun tonight to watch those two go at it. Brandon Wright is a great player. Once he learns to be a little more aggressive, puts on a little weight, he will be unstoppable at the high school level. As for the match up, they were both very impressive. I was impressed with Smith's ability to put the ball in the basket vs the taller Wright. Giles could not put the ball in the basket in the first half. They continued to take the ball to the glass and Wright continued to swat it away.

As for the game itself, two pretty good basketball teams. Giles I thought had more talent but BA was the better coached more fundamental team. Giles seemed to be asleep for 3 quarters and turned it up a notch in the fourth. Shannon and Smith played as hard as they have in the last two years and those 2 players were the difference.

The Belmont gym is a great place for these type of games. I was very impressed with the facilities and any Mid-Major player looking for somewhere to play in college, this is the place!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i also agree the matchup was impeccable! so were the facilities. probly those are the finest high school facilites ive been to in a long time. although the event staff was somewhat annoying. as for the game, i twas a great game. i thought giles shot and made some shots as well as BA. some better than others. the two three pointers by giles at the end were a killer. i think the reason they won is they hit more shots, and big shots at that. i think this game easily could've reached up into the 90's and stayed the same. the crowd was into the game. and they made an impression and an impact on the game. anyway, guard play was good both ways i thought and a few turnovers but not enough to merit any worry! hehe. who was the tall one?

Edited by dumptruck

i also agree the matchup was impeccable! so were the facilities. probly those are the finest high school facilites ive been to in a long time. although the event staff was somewhat annoying. as for the game, i twas a great game. i thought giles shot and made some shots as well as BA. some better than others. the two three pointers by giles at the end were a killer. i think the reason they won is they hit more shots, and big shots at that. i think this game easily could've reached up into the 90's and stayed the same. the crowd was into the game. and they made an impression and an impact on the game. anyway, guard play was good both ways i thought and a few turnovers but not enough to merit any worry! hehe. who was the tall guy?

Wow. You mean a crowd actually makes a difference in a ball game? Some of my friends got in a shouting match with a teacher who claimed that the students didn't help the players play any better or pump them up. Guess she doesn't know what she is talking about.

i also agree the matchup was impeccable! so were the facilities. probly those are the finest high school facilites ive been to in a long time. although the event staff was somewhat annoying. as for the game, i twas a great game. i thought giles shot and made some shots as well as BA. some better than others. the two three pointers by giles at the end were a killer. i think the reason they won is they hit more shots, and big shots at that. i think this game easily could've reached up into the 90's and stayed the same. the crowd was into the game. and they made an impression and an impact on the game. anyway, guard play was good both ways i thought and a few turnovers but not enough to merit any worry! hehe. who was the tall one?

Just a note but that was Belmont's gym, not BA.

I agree...great game in a great atmosphere. Brandon Wright demonstrated that he is truly amongst the most talented players in the state. You GCHS fans had some pretty surprised and impressed looks on your faces! I was also very impressed with Tyler Smith. What impressed me the most was his ability to adjust his game to the circumstances and opponent. In the beginning, he tried very hard to force the ball into the hole, and had to eat leather 5-6 times. He adjusted and took what the defense gave him in the second half, and looked great doing it. very mature, unselfish major D1 college type of player.

BA's youth showed up in the second half against GCHS' press. That 3-4 minute stretch early in the 4th made all the difference.

It was fun to see Rick Pitino in the crowd...he got a "two-fer".

Congratulations to the Bobcats on coming back for the 2 point win. You deserved it, and were the better team Tuesday night. Look forward to the rematch.

Yea krogers.. It was good man... To be honest... GC was very sloppy... The first 3 quarters were some of the sloppiest i've seen them play... However they played good defense so that made up for some of their sloppiness.... I don't see anyone going over brandon wright in High School b-ball w/out getting it swatted about half the time... Tyler is the more talented of the two... But Wright is gooooooood! Nice touch as well!

Brandon Wright is agood ball player now but he is on the verge of being great . He is practically unstoppable down low the only chance you have is not to let him get it down low which Tyler Smith did a good job of when he guarded him . Tyler Smith is the same way but he has a little bit more , he is able to create off the dribble . He has great handles and is very quick . Both guys played agreat game last night and both have great futures ahead of them.

Brandon Wright is agood ball player now but he is on the verge of being great . He is practically unstoppable down low the only chance you have is not to let him get it down low which Tyler Smith did a good job of when he guarded him . Tyler Smith is the same way but he has a little bit more , he is able to create off the dribble . He has great handles and is very quick . Both guys played agreat game last night and both have great futures ahead of them.

Smith's also a year further along in developing his game. Brandon improved enormously between his freshman and sophomore years, and if he matures at an equal rate this year he'll be at Tyler's level next season.

Great analysis. Congrats to both players...I can't wait to see where they go!!