The Refs

thefan02

The referees are terrible. I am just a fan of basketball and they are terrible. I was at the last two Mt.Pleasant games and one of their players dunked and a guy was up under him so he had no choice but to hang until the other guy moved and what happened. He got a technical foul for hanging. What is he supposed to do? Drop down and fall on the guy and get hurt. It was ridiculous. Then last night, same guy dunked,didnt hang for 2 seconds,got another tech. I mean the refs are just terrible.And I am not even going to mention calls that they make.They need to lighten up and let the boys play and have fun!

Don't want to be a ref, but, being at both of the games where the tech was dished out for dunk.....they need to have a clinic for refs to go over this dunk issue....Again I stress...I don't want to be a ref...I would be a terrible brain surgeon, and a terrible ref..so I'm not.

I can't recall how many threads have been directed at poor officiating this year, not to mention the times fans have complained in threads about specific games. Lets be realistic. Refs, overall do a good job. They are human, therefore, not perfect. Why the increased complaining? Players don't play the "perfect" game, coaches don't coach the "perfect" game, and fans don't act "perfect" either. Quit your whining and just play the game.

The rule in High School football is no hanging at all...you can't even hold on for a second. No matter What, some refs allow them to hang if their is a person under em. But you don't need to get on here and complain because a guy hung on their for 2 seconds and got called on it. Its how it is, tell your guy to dunk it and drop right away. I've said it before High School refs arn't the best because they aren't spose to be the best, they are High School refs, not paid pros. Or even at the college level. So play the game, or watch the game and get over it.

i would have to agree about the refs they are horrible and it seems like they get worse everyear i mean what does it take now to be a tssaa ref if u can run and blow a whistle u can be one i guess because it seems like that at times and more than less but dont get me wrong there are quite a few good refs out there but where i dont know sometimes i know in football they were very bad this year soccer the last two year they have been horendous and so far this basketball season they have been very bad also one of our guys got a T for trying to block a guys shot and hitting the backboard on accident then another guy gets run over on what shouldve been a charge and hops up and down when the block is called not even doing anythign and he also gets T'ed up so i say either have a clinic for all these refs or tell them to think about the technical fouls they are calling