Giles Co. 74, Loretto 47

PageMan

PageMan, greatly appreciate your props. Keith, I didn't see any trash talking, but Wes said that is why the T was called. I just assumed it was for hanging on the rim. Thanks for clearing this up. I'm just glad TSmitty kept his composure after the call and proceeded to mop up the glass, it seems over half of our points come off of his putbacks. That's an underrated aspect of his game, the freakish ability to put the ball in the basket around the paint.

Also, I noticed something in the early going of the game, maybe I just hadn't been paying attention, but Kash Money gets some love from me. I saw him grab like 2 or 3 rebounds over guys clearly taller than him - without drawing a foul. Great job, keep it up Kash baby!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler is one of the best at keeping his composure under touchy circumstances. I have only seen him lose his cool one time on the floor and that is when #20 from Page undercut him intentionally. He learns so quickly from his mistakes and for a young player, that is important. It doesn't take the coach getting in his face and telling him that he screwed up. As for Kash, he is one of the true leaders of this team. He plays the game the way it was meant to be played. He never seems to get out of his game. I think it is great when you can come to the free throw line, with the game in the air, with a smile on your face. I have seen him do that on several occassions.

As for Zach...the kid proved to me and everyone else that has had one shread of doubt in his game, why he should be getting his name called at the beginnig of every game. He did an excellent job the against Loretto. He seems to be able to slow the game down to a level that everyone can play on. Keep up the good work...great things are going to happen to him and this team.

Krogers, I am glad everybody played well against Lorreto. But lets not get blinded by a weaker opponent. The game against Brentwood Academy was a test. If you seen that game you might have a little different opinion about what is going on. Certain players in your thread were invisible in that game. Big games are true reflections of your team not thirty point blow outs against teams you are suppose to beat. Giles county should have no problem in the district and region tournaments regardless who plays. But with the rotation they have now they will never beat the Bolivar's and Raleigh Egypt's for a gold ball.

What certain players are you talking about Glyndon? I know we didn't play up to full potential but I thought we played a pretty good game. I also have to say that I am proud of how well Tyler played against Brandon Wright, he showed how good of a player he really is. I also have to give props to BW, I was impressed by his play and I am looking forward to the rematch!!! Go Bobcats :blink:

Just for the record there, Glyndon, the starters for Giles Co. & their points:

#10 Zach Holt - 12

#30 Kash Givens - 8

#32 Justin Morris - 6

#34 Tyler Smith - 17

#44 Shay Shannon - 17

And they were the top five scorers for Giles Co.

Maybe you should do some research before you make erroneous statements about Giles Co.

There's your education about Giles Co. basketball.

Maybe you should stick to what you know about Bolivar.