• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't handle this...

I am quitting the board..

arguing with high school kids is absurd

I'm done... fatjoe8 is retiring

peace

I'm not on the guys board much, but from what i can see the other people are anything but sympathetic to see you go. Sorry it had to work out this way but maybe your the one who is acting like a kid? Anyways, why do we have to argue about pressing and running up the score? If it was your kids team that was doing the pressing and winning by 50, do you honestly think you would be saying, aww guys thats not fair for the other team, you dont have to play hard. BS, just let the boys play, live and learn.

I'm from Middle Tennessee and I really could care less who won this game, but I would like to say this. You got your butt kicked. Get over it. Maybe the coach had a point to make that night. Sometimes you have to make a statement. Maybe he couldn't help and they did shoot that well. In any case, you should just take your medicine and get over it.

I, and the WB coaching staff, had gotten over the game and tried to put it behind them. But then to see that Coach Blevins be quoted as saying that he did not press in the 2nd half bothered me. To do something while emotions are running in the game can be overlooked. To ball-face lie to the press is highly questionable. His definition of the word press must not be anyone else's. In the 3rd quarter, Blevins simply employed a full court man press with no trapping. That, in my opinion, is fine. As soon as the 4th quarter began, however, it was back to the full court run and jump. Most every coach would agree that is pressing. Now, back to the original point. WB sucked that night and some of the players may have given up. Bearden was awesome and never gave up. There is nothing wrong with that. Bearden shot the eyes out. There was nothing wrong with that. Bearden trapped and fouled intentionally the last 2 minutes to see if they could get 100. There is something wrong with that. What shocked the WB coach was that he stood behind Blevins last year in the Cruze situation and backed him 100%. What a Thank you Blevins gave him. Chuck Cav needs to see game film before he backs someone who is lying.

Very rarely do I reply...mostly I just read, however, I was at the Bearden - William Blount game.

Bearden played very well and William Blount did not play well. Bearden played defense the entire game over the entire floor. William Blount did not play defense as well or for as great a distance.

Coach Blevins can tell the media what ever he pleases, however, the witnesses at the ballgame know he pressed the entire game. He also rotated players on a regular basis. I presume this was done because he did not want them winded. However, that is just a presumption, not a fact!

I was at the William Blount - Bearden game last year when William Blount's students started a chant..."Shoulda been nicer!" referring to the Kyle Cruze situation. Coach Baumann simply motioned to stop and the students did exactly what he asked.

I would be willing to bet Coach Baumann does not rush to defend his colleague next time these teams meet!

The actions of Coach Blevins are reprehensible and unexcusable. To try and score 100 by fouling at the end is exactly what another poster has said..."Bush League!"

I would hope Coach Blevins' athletic director and principal would impress upon him the importance of good sportsmanship and some empathy for a team that was not as good as his team...at least not on this night.

Were I in the position to do so, I can assure you the principal and Ronnie Carter would get a letter detailing the incident. It was totally unwarranted and without any redeeming quality or merit.

I can also assure you...Coach Baumann is more of a man than me...because I probably would not have shown a great deal of restraint in the same situation. Coach Blevins would have probably gotten an arse whippin' to go along with his 50+ point victory!

Edited by skipper2