Freshman Basketball

HamP

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you judge the best freshman by potential or existing skill level? Most freshman teams are developmental type teams which means they work on issues that will allow them to contribute at the varisty level. These teams are about fixing weakness and the future, not necessarily just wins and losses....

Loudon says they are the best team around and they arent even the declared best team in their county. They split to Lenoir City. So I guess that would make LC tied for the best team around. I DONT THINK SO... LC is a above average Freshman team and they ran all over Loudon in their first meeting. Loudon always wants to run their mouth but their intelligence always makes for a good chuckle.

Atleast Loudon will be OK next year on varsity, Becasue Anderson Co, and LC will move up to AAA.

Dobyns-Bennett Freshman just won over Science Hill (the second best freshman team in East Tn.) 79-35. The win runs their record to 12-0. I keep telling you people the Indians are #1. Come and see them play and judge for yourself. Next game is at Daniel Boone Sat. (make up game) and then at Tennessee High Jan. 26.

I've seen a few freshman teams this year, and saw several of the same teams as 8th graders. It would take a lot of convincing me that there is a team that could be Dobyns Bennett 2 out of 3 games. Just don't think it could be done by anyone this side of Nashville. No, I am not from Kingsport, but this freshman group they have is truly outstanding. Hats off to them and their coaching... they have talent and the coaches seem to get the most out of it. Isn't that right WACO? :D