Best 112 in Division 2?

hulkamaniac

Baucke is not as physically developed as most high school wrestlers, but his technique is as good as anyone's in the state. Give him at least one high school summer to hit the weights a little bit. Even if Coach Lewis had allowed Baucke to wrestle the Helias kid (which would make no sense, strategically), it would be very risky because of the size difference (don't confuse weight with size). The Helias kid was an absolute freak of nature. He was huge. Some high school wrestlers are adults, physically speaking (Marables, John Lane, Paul Campbell, Quinn Gibson, etc.). Baucke is only a freshman, and he is still a kid, so think about what you're saying before you go around making him out to be some kind of wimp.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well stated all wise and powerful wrestling oz o' the left side. remember, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

translation for those east of the state capital: thank you for such a well presented observation concerning the christian brothers high school one hundred 12 pound freshman josh baucke.

Haha. You are going to get yourself in trouble one of these days. I trust I'll see you "in the lair of the red prince of darkness" (Germantown High School) tommorow night.

yea, i'm there and you're getting smart to edit. but don't be afraid. andrew jackson was tugging at my pocket again but i'll keep him in check for enfuego's sake.

As far as "seeded fourth" goes, he has to defeat a returning medalist to be seeded. That is the seeding criteria for Division 2. If not, he will be blind drawn in, regardless of his record or accomplishments, just like everyone else. His best chance might be against Spike Rawn of Notre Dame at the state duals. Keep in mind that Spike is a quality wrestler. If it happens, it will be a tough battle for both of them.

Edited by CoachDelgado

Manson only beat Coleman by 1 at their dual. Ortiz just beat Coleman by 3 at Kenwood. Dunning beat Ortiz 9-1 at Father Ryan. Those have to be the top 4--Manson, Dunning, Coleman, and Ortiz. I think Dunning is the best wrestler, but I'm not sure how he will do against Manson. I guess he'll only have the chance to wrestle him at state. I think he should win by 3 or 4, something like that.