Best 112 in Division 2?

hulkamaniac

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hand head snap,

Not certain why you would think that Josh Baucke would get pinned by Dunning. This is your second post to take shots at a 9th grader having a pretty good freshman year???

Anything can happen and Dunning getting a pin is one of the alternatives. However, last weekend, both Dunning and Baucke went head to head against a common opponent--Corey Carr from Park Hill, who was undefeated at the time and the fourth ranked wrestler in Missouri's largest school division. Baucke lost 4-2, but had Carr in trouble several times. Dunning held on--to get a 1 or 2 point win. Considering their performances against common opponents, Dunning is likely to win, but a predicting a pin doesn't add up.

If we are going to compare common opponents, lets try to have something to compare. Dunning had just defeated a 2x Missouri Champion and probably had a let down against Park Hill. But I do know that Bauke backed down and did not wrestle Kusick(2x MO state champ Helias) in the 3rd place match. Sorry but I cannot respect that attitude. Lay it on the LINE next time if you want my respect.

If you actually think Bauke backed down in that match you are smoking something. Wrestlers do not make the decision in who wrestles where. At least on our team, the coach makes the final decision. Our coach decided our TEAM would have the best chance of winning the DUAL MATCH with Bauke bumping. Do not blame a kid for a coach's decision.

Baucke did not back down, that was my call. We were trying to win the match, which we did, 40-30. Simple math really, say if Baucke wins against Kusick, that would be +3 for us and we forfeit at 19, that makes it 3-6, Helias, if we bump him up to 19 and forfeit 12, that makes it 6-6. If Baucke loses at 12 and we forfeit 19, that makes it 9-0 Helias. I did what I had to do, don't put that on the wrestler.

Chris Lewis

CBHS

please do not attack brother frosh josh b. or be prepared to feel the wrath of the left side. i've known him for years and he is not only a qood wrestler but an even better kid, who comes from a quality home. while i have no illusions that he will win state this year, if the draw comes up right, he can compete. and as we all should know, anything can happen on any given day.