Oneida coming to destroy rockwood in their house!

anonymous123

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Knowing and having the upmost respect for coaches Windle & Hall, I really doubt the fact they endorse this thread getting away from it's purpose at hand: pumping up the Oneida @ Rockwood game Friday night, not bashing Oneida, Scott High, Rockwood, Loudon, LC, or anyone else.

Being a transplant living in Helenwood--between Huntsville & Oneida---I find it very easy to pull for both team's on most nights because of the heartfelt respect for both programs.

Yes, I am from OS, but....if Coach Hall and his boys beat OS I won't be and never have been a bit disappointed. The only time I will truly pull against Scott High this season is the times they play the boys from AC---sentimental purposes as most of you know. As for pulling against Oneida, that probably won't happen either.

If and when these teams have gone by the wayside---I hope to keep it in the district with the remaining teams---whoever they be.

Once again good luck to both Oneida & Rockwood Friday night. Hoepfully, it will be a great contest--AGAIN!!

CY, I want to apologize for our behavior. Some things got out of hand, but that is basketball. Tempers flare, and it's natural and you know that as do I. Good luck to Coalfield, if they play good they can definately compete in the district tourney. But I gotta say I just can't be a Jacket fan...

Yeah, the problem with the confrontations at that game is some things were misinterpeted as being agressive when in actuallity, it was just playing hard. I have no hard feelings about it. Both squads need to exhibit the class they are known for but sometime that won't happen because of lack of maturity in kids.

It is however uncalled for to blindside a player, knocking them down w/o being prepared and then nearly stepping all over them intentionally. No matter what that other player has done.

shs has went through some turmoil this year. one of their starters quit early in the year, and one of the very good juniors quit also. the shs team has become stronger as a result from this. yea, we lost to coalfield early in the year, but we are coming on strong now. we lost to AC by 4 and had them beat. we lead kingston the entire game and lost late in the 4th. we beat lenoir city and loudon, and lost to oliver springs by 3. and yea, we beat rockwood by 15 and wartburg by 20 in preseason scrimmages. we are coming on strong and we r gonna be dangerous at the district tourney. as for oneida, no u dont play in nearly a strong a district as we play in and its not because ur in single a. its because u got teams in there that have been beaten by 100 points.

Starting 5-

The last time I checked Oneida is still a SINGLE-A team not double A. We should not be playing teams like Kingston and Lenior City, and if we did we could hang a lot closer then you guys. We proved that in the Christmas tourney at Harriman with out one of our 6'4 starters, that was out on the bench with injuries. Also you talk about how you all "hang with teams", last time I checked almost DOSENT count. So when you all improve your 3-15 record get back on here and then we will argue about this......For now get off this board this was a topic about ONEIDA AND ROCKWOOD......not about the shs loosing efforts.

Good luck Indians tommorrow night at Rockwood!!!

How come he knows he beat Rockwood by 15 in a preseason scrim...yet he told us all there was no scoreboard on? I have never seen such a person brag so much about a horrible team, and o yeah Id rather be at the top of a Single A district than at the bottom of a double A, but you can have it your way. Back to teams that matter. Oneida and Rockwood will be a great game Friday night, IF Rockwood remembers how to make baskets, I havn't been impressed with their shooting over the last couple games.

the scoreboard was on against rockwood,and yea we won by 15 against rockwood,.coach windle would not turn on the scoreboard when we beat oneida. but i assure you that we handle them with ease, ..GOOD LUCK FRIDAY...should be a good game between 2 horrible teams. if u wanna see a game, come to shs on next tuesday jan 27 when shs meets anderson county, that will be a game between 2 GOOD TEAMS. HOLLA

SHS STARTING FIVE ps. nice block mark

Edited by BBALLTN

Rockwood may be in a slump right now when i comes to shooting the ball, but Oneida has to have another shooting night like last friday to get a good lead on them early....I think the Indians were 6-9 in the first half when it came to threes. Oneida's guards must be moving at all times on defence and the big guys must be present and felt to have a W at the end of the night.

Hello my name is headhunter and i have no idea what im talking about. I just said a 3-15 team is good. Wow We beat Rockwood by 15 in a scrim, were Rockwood's Football players weren't there. I think im going to make a parade. We also beat Oneida, but the scoreboard wasn't on but we know we won. We are the greatest team in the world.....everyone should bow down to the great shs.

Wow Headhunter thats some nice talk. Question though how does shs have more scrim wins then regular season wins?