Bradley @ Soddy Thurs.

BattleBornVolunteer

103 Tanner Johnson (B) dec. over SD

112 Blake Tinsley (B) pinned SD

119 Shawn Cordell (B) dec

125 Kyle James (SD) maj. dec. Travis Creagan (B)

130 Jake West (B) pinned SD

135 John Lane (SD) tech. fall Ryan Ensminger (B)

140 Jesse Baker (B) dec. SD

145 (SD) pinned Matt Spain (B)

152 Justin Spain (B) pinned SD

160 Quinn Gibson (B) pinned SD

171 Bryant Blackmon (B) pinned SD

189 SD dec. Josh Cooper (B)

215 SD pinned Matt Bailey (B)

275 Shawn Grady (B) pinned SD

Bradley 45 Soddy Daisy 24

Sorry I didn't know a lot of the Soddy guys names that is why I didn't take a guess at them.

There was some great wrestling tonight in SD. A great atmosphere for wrestling as well as some great support by the fans for both schools.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

160--Quinn Gibson (BC) pinned Brandon Thurman (SD), 1:38. Bradley leads, 6-0.

171--Bryant Blackmon (BC) pinned Matt Lettner (SD), 4:24. Bradley leads, 12-0.

189--Paul Campbell (SD) defeated Josh Cooper (BC), 9-5. Bradley leads, 12-3.

215--Drew Henderson (SD) pinned Matt Bailey (BC), 1:45. Bradley leads, 12-9.

275--Shawn Grady (BC) pinned Nick Shadrick (SD), 3:31. Bradley leads, 18-9.

103--Tanner Johnson (BC) defeated Jason McCroskey (SD), 11-9. Bradley leads, 21-9.

112--Black Tinsley (BC) pinned Jarriet Toney (SD), 3:09. . Bradley leads, 27-9.

119--Shawn Cordell (BC) defeated Ryan Fuller (SD), 4-2. Bradley leads, 30-9.

125--Kyle James (SD) won by major decision over Travis Creagan (BC), 19-6. Bradley leads, 30-13.

130--Jake West (BC) pinned Josh Howland (SD), 1:22. Bradley leads, 36-13.

135--John Lane (SD) won by technical fall over Ryan Ensminger (BC), 2:15. 18-3. Bradley leads, 36-18.

140--Jesse Baker (BC) defeated Tyler Ferris (SD), 9-5. Bradley clinched the match with its 39-18 lead.

145--Craig Potter (SD) pinned Matt Spain (BC), 2:41. Bradley leads, 39-24.

152--Justin Spain (BC) pinned Tyler Hicks (SD), 2:29. Bradley wins, 45-24.

160--Quinn Gibson (BC) pinned Brandon Thurman (SD), 1:38. Bradley leads, 6-0.

171--Bryant Blackmon (BC) pinned Matt Lettner (SD), 4:24. Bradley leads, 12-0.

189--Paul Campbell (SD) defeated Josh Cooper (BC), 9-5. Bradley leads, 12-3.

215--Drew Henderson (SD) pinned Matt Bailey (BC), 1:45. Bradley leads, 12-9.

275--Shawn Grady (BC) pinned Nick Shadrick (SD), 3:31. Bradley leads, 18-9.

103--Tanner Johnson (BC) defeated Jason McCroskey (SD), 11-9. Bradley leads, 21-9.

112--Black Tinsley (BC) pinned Jarriet Toney (SD), 3:09. . Bradley leads, 27-9.

119--Shawn Cordell (BC) defeated Ryan Fuller (SD), 4-2. Bradley leads, 30-9.

125--Kyle James (SD) won by major decision over Travis Creagan (BC), 19-6. Bradley leads, 30-13.

130--Jake West (BC) pinned Josh Howland (SD), 1:22. Bradley leads, 36-13.

135--John Lane (SD) won by technical fall over Ryan Ensminger (BC), 2:15. 18-3. Bradley leads, 36-18.

140--Jesse Baker (BC) defeated Tyler Ferris (SD), 9-5. Bradley clinched the match with its 39-18 lead.

145--Craig Potter (SD) pinned Matt Spain (BC), 2:41. Bradley leads, 39-24.

152--Justin Spain (BC) pinned Tyler Hicks (SD), 2:29. Bradley wins, 45-24.

very good match to both teams tonight congratualations to Bradley on the win. some very tough wrestlers as usual from them. also good job by my boys from Soddy some very hard fought matches and some that could have went either way. i think it might just be us again in the finals if we dont have to meet in the semis or something like that beforehand. also i just wanted to say that the reffing was horrible tonight im not sure if anyone else saw it that way but both teams had some lousy calls go for them or against them and thats BOTH teams. it would not have affected the outcome of the match but still the ref was not very good tonight as he wasnt very good at the McCallie match. i mean all refs make mistakes but after the last two matches ive seen from him i think he might need to hang it up after this year. just my opinion not sure if anyone else feels that way. but again very hard fought match for both sides imagine what kind of team it would be if we could put the best from both schools together?

cobrakid8

I think everyone in the stands would agree that to say this ref was terrible would be the understatement of the year. I hope somebody from either school or both schools get to let Ronnie Carter see the video of the match. And if Carter does not agree that the ref was terrible, he too should be replaced. BUT I have a lot of faith in Carter and I know he would have to agree (eventhough he would never admit it in public). Maybe the coach from both teams should file a complaint. If I never see this guy again it will be too soon.

Congrats to both teams on a great match and thanks to the Soddy folks for making the event a great and friendly atmosphere. I hope both teams can get to the finals at the state duals....see you there! ;)

911 and cobra - I was there and as a neutral fan I didn't see any problems with the officiating. Heck, they even used 2 officials which I've always thought was a good idea in big matches but have never seen it done before. The only mistake I saw in the McCallie match was the errant whistle in the 112 match. If your going to insult the officials, at least provide specific mistakes to back up your argument beyond "they were terrible".

My compliments to both teams. It was a great high school match, hard fought on both sides. As per the earlier thread of "best Bradley team ever", I would have to pick the Keller, Morris, Blackman group based on the performance last night.

cobrakid8

I think everyone in the stands would agree that to say this ref was terrible would be the understatement of the year. I hope somebody from either school or both schools get to let Ronnie Carter see the video of the match. And if Carter does not agree that the ref was terrible, he too should be replaced. BUT I have a lot of faith in Carter and I know he would have to agree (eventhough he would never admit it in public). Maybe the coach from both teams should file a complaint. If I never see this guy again it will be too soon.

Congrats to both teams on a great match and thanks to the Soddy folks for making the event a great and friendly atmosphere. I hope both teams can get to the finals at the state duals....see you there! :)

I wasn't there (wish I would have), but perhaps you should consider being an official. If not, don't judge.

Perhaps you would be willing to add/donate an extra $ TSSAA supplement to officials to attract even more capable talent so they will not be spread so thin.

Perhaps, we can all have more adept officials available for these intense and complicated battles with more TSSAA incentives available though donations like genuinely concerned fans like you.

soms

cobrakid8

Congrats to both teams on a great match and thanks to the Soddy folks for making the event a great and friendly atmosphere. I hope both teams can get to the finals at the state duals....see you there! :)

I wasn't there (wish I would have), but perhaps you should consider being an official. If not, don't judge.

Perhaps you would be willing to add/donate an extra $ TSSAA supplement to officials to attract even more capable talent so they will not be spread so thin.

Perhaps, we can all have more adept officials available for these intense and complicated battles with more TSSAA incentives available though donations like genuinely concerned fans like you.

soms

Sommers,

Cobra should be able to comment on how he felt the refs were doing even if he does not want to get out there and do it himself. Being able to tell if it was called correctly does not require a fan to get out on the mat and ref himself.

Constructive feedback through the correct channels is what is needed.

With that said, saying it on here won't change it, but that is not really what the board is for anyway!

As a spectator, competitor, coach, and ref I have seen all aspects of this sport. But to criticize a ref for doing his job is crazy. Try it before you criticize people. I didn't know that evrybody is an expert at officiating a match. Yes, it is true that we "officials" don't see everything all the time. We are human and yes we will make mistakes. But to go out and "bash" officials it just isn't right. So texas 23, cobrakid go out next year and try it. I guarantee you it is a lot harder than it looks. I know that I am setting myself for criticism but I'm just tired of reading at how poorly the officiating is in Tennessee. People don't realize that Chattanooga has some of the best officials in the state. So please, please use better judgement than to criticizing officials. AS a coach as well, I sometimes too get a little out of hand at the officiating. But I have to go along with it.

I would just like to say that the officiating was fine. Kenny Mara is one of the top 3 officials in the nation. He has officitated the NCAA Tournament for many, many years. He is very compitent and is as smooth on the mat as anyone. I have Officiated and I am going to tell you that "I hate it". I have my Wrestlers Officiate our Challenge Matches just so they can get an understanding of just how tough it can be. Mistakes are going to happen, it's part of athletics and as Coaches and Wrestlers we can not allow this to be an excuse for Failure. We lost a very close match to McCallie but had plenty of opportunities to win. I just want everyone from Soddy Daisy to understand that we DO NOT BLAME Officials for our lack of success in any manner. Honestly try Officiating some time and I do believe that you will be a lot more understanding.

Steve Henry