Westmoreland-47 Macon Co.-45

Catalyst

Good game, I was impressed by MC attitude...it looks to me like all the so-called players who quit did their teammates a favor. I was also impressed by the hospitality, but not suprised. It's pathetic when our guys can't even warm up without being harassed, and it's even more pathetic when the head football coach is watching HIS players do it all and never says a word, neither does any other officials in the gym....our principle had to put a stop to it before some mud holes got stomped. But that's ok, Feb. 13 will not come soon enough, don't expect anymore home cooking and don't expect us to be any less hospitable than you. And I also hope your feelings aren't hurt easily. Too bad the fans can't represent the players on the court as well as the players do themselves.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt think we played particularly well, we had an off night shooting as we have done many times in that gym, however, our foul shooting was far worse than our shooting from the field.which i am sure will be straightened out by friday.i thought we had a good defensive effort though.i cant wait till they come to westmoreland.two in a row will be so sweet,not to mention seeing them crying after the game again.but i guess we focus on gordansville now.

p.s. - i wouldnt hang around to long after the game at our place

RCH

Let's see, I am wasting my time with a 40+ year old man who spends all day on Coacht about what team I root for? I think not, I am a senior at Westmoreland and of course I am going to pull for them...If Coacht had a problem with that he would have never made me a moderator, and he can change it if he sees fit, I have no problem with it. Thank you for your time, which I deem is so precious.

Catalyst man you've got to be kidding me. Being yelled at by the fans is all part of the game. You wouldn't be able to make it in a district with the likes of Giles County, now a crowd like that will really get after you. I'm sure our harrassing was nothing compared to what they would give you. It's all part of the game. The reason our football coach didn't say anything was because they weren't doing anything out of line they were just getting into the game! That's what we got all year during football season and they are now trying to payback the basketball team for their support! Now you want to talk about Muffin arguing with kids let's talk about Mr. Duffer who had to go to Macon's student section and start running his mouth, or how about your coach running his mouth to some kids after the game was over, now that's pathetic. Man it's all about having fun and getting into the game. As for the home cooking give me a break. Harris got murdered on that last lay-up and no foul was called! I will admit that after the game a couple of our fans may have done some stuff that was inappropriate. I didn't see it and i don't know exactly what happened, but I have heard a couple of different stories, so I can't really comment on that. However yelling at the opposing players isn't against the rules! I promise. I hope the atmosphere is just as electric on Feb. 13th as it was lastnight, because we haven't had too much to get excited about this basketball season. But we're starting to play better and the crowd is finally coming around so maybe we can roll loud and proud into Westmoreland on the 13th. We've only won one game so it's not that big of a deal in beating us. We're just proud of the effort our team is finally putting out. By the way I don't think Muffin is from Macon County if so I'm pretty sure he's not from Lafayette.

Yelling is one thing, but pushing a kid with a torn ACL is another. York pushed Coach Duffer's son before the game even started. That is why he went over there. I don't know why York is talking anyway. If I am not mistaken, York quit in the second half of his last footballl game, and then he quit the basketball team. That says alot for him. Then if that wasn't enough, after the game York pushed Custer and thats why he got thrown out. Bring all the excitement you want on the 13th. We will be ready for every bit of it. Macon is better than their record shows. Harris is a good player, Kirts is gonna be awesome, and Prock hit some big shots. I gurantee the game will be a different story in Westmoreland. I think in '02 Macon beat us in the first match in Macon by 1 and when it came to Westmoreland we beat them by 30. We will see what happens. I do think the Macon administration let it get out of hand last night. Players and fans out of control, but it's ok. I do think it's ridiculous that you have to get personal but when you are dealing with the "Class Act " of Macon county I guess thats what you get.

Edited by simplysweetness

Guys look at this. Look at what yall are doing to each other its actually really sad. Look you go to games and yeah things are goin to get rough and that should be expected. I know that maybe Westmoreland and Macon might be some kind of rivalry but keep it all in that. I know players from Macon and Westmoreland and I know that most of them are pretty good guys. Let the guys play the game and then if you have an attitude with someone take it out after the game. Dont go around ruining the game for the players and dont come on here complaining about things that arent worth complaining about.