Why so much talk about Bauke?

hulkamaniac

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a quality freshman that has been wrestling very well this year. With Dunning and Manson in the way, it would be extremely tough for him to win the state this year. I think most people are impressed with his toughness and mental attitude. At first glance he looks like a pud. His positioning is not the best in the world, but he scrambles and gets in good situations through hard work and determination. Even when he is moved up in weight class, he performs. He is also a multiple time USAWrestling All-American in freestyle.

Edited by CoachDelgado

Have you seen him wrestle? Maybe at the Franklin tourney where he bumped up to 119 for better competition. He's an underdeveloped freshman, and he's bumping up for better competition. If you guys ask about the best freshman in the state, most of the people who have seen him wrestle are going to say that Baucke is at least up there. People who know a lot more about wrestling than you are giving him a lot of credit for what he has done this season, so I would hesitate to call it "blabbering". Why so annoyed?

Edited by best_of_the_west

That means that he is probably Adamson, the 103 from Notre Dame. That is the only freshman anywhere close to Baucke's ability, but not good enough to beat him...sorry. If you beat Baucke, you must have been having a great day, and he must have been way off. You are a very good freshman, but Baucke is a great freshman. Good luck at state.

I've seen Bauke wrestle FCI for a number of years and I agree that he is an excellent wrestler. I'd say the same about him even if he were a senior this year. For a freshman, he is outstanding!

However, with Ortiz and Pair at 112 in the Franklin tournament, no one bumped up to 119 for "tougher competition". Has he ever beaten either of these guys?

I think he's worth talking about. He's fun to watch and I keep an eye out for his matches at the tournaments.