Why so much talk about Bauke?

hulkamaniac

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree that he is a tough freshman. I watched him wrestle 119 at franklin and I agree I thought that he handled himself very well.

When he first walked out I thought to myself that he looked like a pushover. Minutes later he had pinned a very tough division I wresler. I think we should definitely keep an eye on him for years to come.

Hulkamaniac,

Your cover is blown as Josh lost only one match last year at the FCI challenge cup to Adamson (7-6). You did a great job of catching a couple of cradles when Josh didn't establish wrist control on his knee slide. A lesson better learned in 8th grade, and in TN, than at a national tournament with more on the line. Otherwise, Josh wrestled well in the match--getting all the takedowns and not allowing any points to be scored from bottom.

There are a number of great freshmen wrestlers in the state that deserve attention (you, Doster, Johnson, Creagan, Waddell, Spain, Felix, Bateman, and Williams to name a few)!

Ok, after last night's performance by Adamson, it's between him and Baucke. The problem with Adamson is that he is in a much weaker weight class than Baucke. At 112, there are three returning placers (Dunning-1st, Manson-2nd, and Rawn-3rd) from 103 last year. At 103 this year, there is only Hoang, who got 5th last year at 103. This makes it very difficult to determine who is better. If Baucke finishes 3rd or 4th at state, that would be as big as Adamson winning. Anyway, if you beat him by one, you shouldn't be saying that you don't understand what the big deal is. Maybe you just wanted a little attention for yourself, but now you see that if you just wrestle well, you will get the attention that you deserve.