Region 8 predictions

enfuego

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, I'll do it. I'm sure there will be some mistakes, so correct me (as if I had to tell you). These are the most likely outcomes based on results that I have seen so far. I haven't seen all the teams. These are not necessarily the wrestlers I am predicting to place. There's always room for a few upsets.

103-1. Williams (Ridg.), 2. Johnson (Mun) 3. Lopez (Mill), 4. Britcliff (Coll)

112-1. Hammond (Coll), 2. Smith (Gtown), 3. Schmidt (Hous), 4. Harrison (Ridg)

119-1. Speroff (Coll), 2. Groves (Hous), 3. White Station, 4. Gibbs (Ridg)

125-1. Baker (Bart), 2. D. Hunt (Coll), 3. Warren (Ridg), 4. Winston (King)

130-1. Friedman (Ridg), 2. Wright (Hous), 3. Featherstone (Gtown), 4. J. Hunt (Coll)

135-1. Fryman (Hous), 2. Hannah (Bolt), 3. Rogers (Coll), 4. Fleming (Gtown)

140-1. Barnett (Gtown), 2. Edgington (Mun), 3. Cullen (Coll), 4. Bucak (Bart)

145-1. Allen (West), 2. Mayhorn (Hous), 3. Potite (Coll), 4. Sharp (Gtown)

152-1. Borneman (Hous), 2. Chism (Bart), 3. West (Coll), 4. Cain (Ridg)

160-1. Graham (Coll), 2. Sharp (Gtown), 3. Benefield (Bolt), 4. Walton (Bart)

171-1. Grady (Hous), 2. Harris (Bart), 3. Bourland (Bolt), 4. Ellenburg (Cord)

189-1. Faulkner (Coll), 2. Matthews (Hous), 3. Booker (King), 4. Pecor (Gtown)/WS

215-1. Hansen (Ridg), 2. Rogers (Coll), 3. Nutter (Mun), 4. Autry (Hous)/Ellis (Bart)

275-1. Allen (Cord), 2. Taylor (Ridg), 3. Conley (Bolt), 4. Lindow (Coll)

Like I said, I only know so much. I couldn't find the results from the Houston/Bartlett/Ridgeway/WS quad. That would have helped. Anyway, what do you see? I'll tweek them as time goes by and I get new info.

Edited by best_of_the_west

The predictions seem pretty accurate. I can see the 125 turning out exactly like you said. At 119 Gibbs of Ridgeway was beating Groves of Houston 7-0, unitl he got rolled. But I think Gibbs will take 2nd or 3rd and Groves will be forth. Correction, it is Harrison at 112 for 3rd from Ridgeway, not Thompson. And is Josh Martin of Bolton out for the season? And has Barnett beat Edgington at 140.

Thanks. I thought about Martin, but his arm was in a sling at the Bolton Inv., so I can only conclude that he won't be back any time soon. I don't think Gibbs is physical enough to hang with Groves. I don't really remember seeing the beginning of their match at the dual. I just remember Groves pinning. Like I said, I'm just going off results, not necessarily what I think will happen. Barnett majored Cullen last night. Edgington went into OT with Cullen. That's what I was going off of.

also, at 119. yeah, gibbs was beating groves at first, but in the seeding meeting, you can't use "winning before getting pinned" as criteria. and the seeds at that weight could be important. besides, groves beat torres of white station pretty handily and I think that WS kid beat gibbs that same night. and whatever happened to shawn quint of bartlett? is he off the team or just not predicted to qualify for state?