AP Class A Polls

tfranks24

AP voters please shed some light. Why did Mt Pleasant gain a spot to #2 after losing yet another district game. They were #3 last week with only one loss to current #1 team in 12A Wayne Co., then they get beat by PC (5th in district at the time) and they gain a spot?

Just to add to it, as far as I know, they have played all single A teams. Wayne County 14-6, has only one single A loss, the rest coming to double A teams. Is this considered in the voting?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dropped Mt. Pleasant to #6 on my ballot this week & will take a look at Wayne County. As for Chat. Christian, I bet your SE Tn. media aren't doing their job of voting them higher. I had them #8 with the win over Temple Tuesday that helps bump them up in my eyes. Some of us in other areas do the best we can researching other regions but it's hard. Appreciate the input.

To reply to tfranks, I wondered the same thing about MP. I wondered how they gained a spot after getting beat by PC. But I am glad they did. And I think but not for sure, MP has played a couple of AA teams in Fairveiw and McEwen but I could be wrong. However MP beat both pretty easy. Go Tigers!