Multiplier stupid, check the stats

meyoumymy

Whats up with me is that you accused me of being a liar and a whiner.....

What they will tell you is that USJ has advertised for the last two weeks at least...

When a school can draw students from all surronding counties, and they are advertising for students IS THAT NOT RECRUITING?

Does USJ have an advantage by doing this?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up with me is that you accused me of being a liar and a whiner....

I did not do that. I thnk you misread my post.

What they will tell you is that USJ has advertised for the last two weeks at least...

And with that you want people who are not from around here to believe this statement..."

BUT I DO SEE THOSE ADS FROM USJ EVERY FRIGGIN WEEK!!!!!!"

That`s kind of misleading don`t you think?

The last two weeks.....

O.k if you want to take it to extremes no they have not advertised for the last 52 weeks or for the last decade......

Does it really matter if it was ONE time or TWENTY times?

If you want to pick a post apart go ahead, but answer my questions.....

Is advertising in another counties paper located approx 40 miles away and being able to draw a student from that far away RECRUITING?

DOES THIS GIVE USJ AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE?

You really don't have to bother responding because you will spin it some other way anyway, but when it comes down to it, I know, you know, and everybody else knows the answer to those questions.

The last two weeks.....

O.k if you want to take it to extremes no they have not advertised for the last 52 weeks or for the last decade......

Is advertising in another counties paper located approx 40 miles away and being able to draw a student from that far away RECRUITING?

You really don't have to bother responding because you will spin it some other way anyway, but when it comes down to it, I know, you know, and everybody else knows the answer to those questions.

Did they advertise for athletes?

If not, how do they have an advantage?

This goes back to the small deep pool vs. the wide shallow one. Same amount of water in both.

The last two weeks.....

Mustang....I think you were the one taking things to extreme implying that USJ advertises in your paper every week. I was just trying to focus in on reality.

WOW.....it has gotten obscenely quiet in this thread!

There is life beyond CoachT!

Yes, it is. Now, answer this. Knowing that he has the option to coach at MBA for a decent salary and he doesn't have to teach, do you think Jeff Rutledge would ever coach at a public school where he would have to teach and make not very much money? Again, there are always exceptions to the rule, but what percentage of private schools have good coaches (and why) and what percentage of public schools do (and why)?

I have no idea what Coach Rutledge makes or how his salary compares with that of a public school coach. Since I don't know what he makes, what his salary requirements are, or what his career goals are, I have no idea whether or not he would consider teaching and coaching at a public school of similar size.

Now, answer this. Do you know how much high school coaches make at all levels in both public and private schools and do you know Jeff Rutledge personally? If not, your inference in this specific case is pure speculation on your part, so you can provide the answers to your questions as well as I can. If you do have the specific information, feel free to enlighten me.

I have seen some excellent coaches and some poor coaches in every sport at both public and private schools. Since I have no knowledge of the ability level of the vast majority of coaches in Tennessee (public or private) any attempt to assign percentages would be nothing more than an uninformed guess that proves nothing.

Now answer this. Do you have access to an assessment, or are you in a position to accurately assess the ability of the majority of coaches in Tennessee? That information would be necessary to reasonably calculate the percentages you are asking for. Again, feel free to enlighten me if you have accurate data.

Again, I would like to see if you think public schools should perform as well academically as private schools. Based on your arguments, the performance of public schools on standardized tests should be the same as that of private schools. But it is not and it will never be!!!

I would expect private school students as a group to perform better on standardized tests (except public academic magnets) since they have to pass an entrance exam for admission in most cases. With that said, there are many brilliant kids in schools all across the public system. Now answer this. Is this discussion about athletics or academics?

WOW.....it has gotten obscenely quiet in this thread!

I agree , looks like the dunce cap is on the other head now.

Another deeply thoughtful memo from CSense! Posting this kind of insulting material reduces your credibility with other posters to zero my friend. I know you can do better than this!!