Ryan's Final Match 2004 vs MBA

irishdad

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is that vocal irishdad? I am interested in hearing his "take" on running the clock, or if in fact he was running the clock.

Based on his alliance he proclaims on this message board, in the future a less fanatic (a positive connotation) person should run the clock.

No, I was not there and I am only speaking from what has been posted here so far.

Where is that vocal irishdad? I am interested in hearing his "take" on running the clock, or if in fact he was running the clock.

Based on his alliance he proclaims on this message board, in the future a less fanatic (a positive connotation) person should run the clock.

No, I was not there and I am only speaking from what has been posted here so far.

He knows and we all know how involved/glued he was in that match, not the clock. He forgot to push the buzzer and he is as embarrassed as we all would be.

soms

Please then, explain why Irishdad told the referee that 3 seconds remained on the clock as Hiller reversed Simpson.

Irishdad should be embarrased, not because he was "involved" in the match but because he was not honest.

Period.

The fact that he was the time keeper is inexcusable.

Where is that vocal irishdad?  I am interested in hearing his "take" on running the clock, or if in fact he was running the clock.

He knows and we all know how involved/glued he was in that match, not the clock. He forgot to push the buzzer and he is as embarrassed as we all would be.

soms

To everyone The buzzer goes off on its own..it was a madhouse.You could not here a thing and everyone was focused on the match. .I did not tell Tim Abel that 3 seconds were left. And if it was so blatant why didn't Frank come to the table??? Is not protesting a call make you a class act..he had already had a team point taken away for unsportsmanlike conduct... To rfran I am a disgrace...was that the first match in wrestling history that a wrong call was made??NO !!! You know nothing about me or my character..so for that matter you can go to .....I was doing the best I could in a very bad situation. If I have the ability to change it I would but it is done. You all claim to be such experts on this sport .. If you truly were you would know that mistakes are made...It is something that just happens..but to accuse me of cheating to win a match against the son of a life long friend is absurd. It was not pivotal to the score but I know it meant everything to William ...For that I am sorry that it ended this way.

For those not in attendance our scoring table had its back to the MBA student section. They were no more than 2 ft behind me screaming like it was the Super bowl..Before we even got to that match I had stopped and ask them to move back to no avail.. It is over and done ..So if you still need to beat me up have at it...

I was doing the best I could in a very bad situation. If I have the ability to change it I would but it is done...

For those not in attendance our scoring table had its back to the MBA student section. They were no more than 2 ft behind me screaming like it was the Super bowl..Before we even got to that match I had stopped and ask them to move back to no avail.. It is over and done ..So if you still need to beat me up have at it...

I can't dispute with Irishdad on this one. He does get a little sensitive, but I don't believe anyone should "attack" another's character.

This was just a mistake.

soms

Okay, so he wasn't as careful as he should have been. I bet he won't be running the clock next year for that one. It may be more loud and crazy next time. + a key match could likely be affected if the scoretable is not properly staffed.

soms

Irishdad:

What did you tell Tim Abel?

At least 2 people heard you say "3 seconds".

Why were you the one running the clock given the distinct possibilty that you would be distracted, because of your personal involvement, to the point where you would "forget" to push the buzzer?

Knowing in advance that the crowd would be extremly loud, why wasn't someone

there to tap the ref when time expired?

Your apology is accepted and I hope for the sake of the wrestlers that this kind of thing never happens again.

Rfran, I know where you are coming from not having a towel tapper to hit the ref is it little strange because of the importance of the match, but in Irishdads defense he has absolutely nothing to do with the buzzer going off. Once the clock hits zero the buzzer goes off and there is no way for anyone running the clock to "forget" to set it off. It was a crazy match great atmosphere for the sport and two good middle Tennessee teams heading to the state duals in Clarksville. Good Luck to both teams.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=30339

I did notice that there was not a "towel tapper" on the mat for the Hiller-Simpson match. After what happened at the end of that match, there was a "towel tapper' for the remainder of the evening. Its 20-20 hindsight, but it seems to me that for a match that big and crowd that loud, someone should have anticipated that the ref would have problems hearing the buzzer and had a "towel tapper" from the start . That would have helped the ref know when time had expired-------------------he would have felt the towel on his back----------and , if the reversal was late, stopped him from going through with the two point call. As it was, he made the call and then had to go over to the bench to see if time had expired before the call was made.

Also, I haven't seen anyone raise this yet, but if you look at the picture in the Nashville City Paper this morning, it appears that maybe William might have had an escape before the ref signaled that it was over. I was on the other side of the gym from the action and it appeared to me that William came out of the reversal pretty quick-----------almost instantly after the signal for 2 was given for Hiller. If the picture in the City Paper ( which even uses the word "escape" under the picture) is accurate, it doesn't look like the ref has waved off the match--------looks as if he is just starting to bring his arms up. If the reversal was in time, then the escape, if there was one, could have been too because it came almost right on the heels of Hiller's reversal. So maybe it should have been 4-4 and gone into overtime. That would have been the best way for this match to have been decided., anyway.