Transfering Schools

AllStar23

What are the rules on transfering schools--within the same district and outside??? Actually I just want to know all about "if" you transfer to a different school are you eligible. Does it depend on what you transfer for-- academics or whatever? I need help on this one.

**(sorry I spelled eligibility wrong.)

Edited by AllStar23

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a student transfers schools and does not change their home address they will be eligible for varsity sports one calender year from the date they participated in a varisty sport at their previous school. If they transfer and move, within or out of their school district, they are immediately eligible. Maybe someone can correct me on this, but that is my understanding of the tssaa rule.

If they transfer and move, within or out of their school district, they are immediately eligible. Maybe someone can correct me on this, but that is my understanding of the tssaa rule.

I believe you need to clarify "If they move". It depends on if the entire family moves or if the student athlete is moving in with another relative. If just the athlete moves the TSSAA decides on an individual basis depending on the circumstances. I am not an expert either so I stand to be corrected, but this is my understanding of the rules.

Private school traansfers do have to sit out the year if they transfer without changing addresses. ( ie. Whitney Downs transferred fron BGA to Harpeth Hall this year and should just now become elligible to play Varsity.) She should have been able to play JV up until now.

What is the transfer rule if the county rezones kids to a different school or opens a zones up to kids from another schools zone. Do the change of address rules still apply?

To the best of my knowledge for an athlete thats in a county setting, the family must actually move from the county they are living in and establish residence in the new county, (i.e. home, electric, phone..etc) We are just now starting to break ground on a new subdivision here in Jackson County, we are gonna call it ATHLETIC ACRES, the Ross twins have already given us the go ahead on their new home.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yeah they've got lot number 1793, they're right next door to the ones we have reserved for Miss Chumley and Sleeps sis! We might even let you move into one of the guest homes if you'll be realllllllllllllllly nice! Sheshootsathree is wanting to get the lot next to mine for her, but she'll have to step up pretty quickly as everyone's wanting to live next door to me! :D Actually they'd probably put me back in the corner somewhere as i always seem to be gettin into all kinds of trouble all the time! :D

Edited by devilfanatic