What happened in 2AA 1\23\2004

gloryseeker

Any fans out there know records or outcomes of District 2AA games? It is hard to rely on scoreboard because alot of teams do not report scores. Rutledge won over Claiborne and the Pioneers are 7-4 in the 2AA while the Bulldogs are 5-4. Union got hammered by Pigeon and their record is 5-4 while the Tigers are 8-2. G.P. and C.G. played but not sure of outcome. S.G. and C.D. played but no word. West Greene played outside the District but are winless at 0-10. However, word has it that they are much better and have improved over the year playing within 5 points of C.G. Any fans out there? Get on this thread and lets keep it going throughout the season. Thanks!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that both home teams will have their hands full tonight but should be able to win. Cumberland Gap is a better road team than they are at home. With wins at Rutledge and GP and taking Union Co. to overtime, they have proved that they can play with anyone in the conference on the road. And with a player like Crockett on their team if he gets hot and enough touches, watch out. Union Co. definitely has something to prove after being eMBArrassed at Pigeon Forge by 45 Friday night. They have showed flashes of being a great team by beating Rutledge and @ Anderson Co. They are clearly a better home team being 6-1 at home, with the only loss coming on a last second shot by Dewyse from Pigeon Forge, and 3-6 on the road. It is always tough to play in Greene Co. as the Patriots should already know by losing @ Chuckey Doak. The Patriots are only going to go as far as their stud juniors are going to take them, Grigsby, Oxley, and Williams. But most of it lies on point guard, Grigsby's shoulders, as when he struggles the Patriots usually do too. South Greene and Pigeon Forge will win both games tonight but watch out for the Patriots and Panthers come tournament time they could be dangerous. :D

Rutledge will easily beat up on Chuckey Doak at home. The Black Knights just arent that good of a team, especially on the road. Union should bounce back tonight at home vs. GP they have lost a couple in row now and they are a very good home team so they should pull this one out. The Cumberland and Claiborne matchup is an interesting one that I think the Panthers will win, if they dont it will be a close game. I'm not sure where the game is but CG is a good road team and Claiborne is'nt so either way CG should win this one. :lol: Edited by Bballin11

By the way about last nights game between Union and SG neither team played that well and SG always finds a way to win ugly especially at home. But thats what good teams do, they find a way even if neither team is on. Good win. So dont put the close game on just them playing bad, neither team showed up, because we all know if Union is playing their game they can handle anyone in the district. And laduke you're right about the 3 top teams separating themselves from the pack, but remember this is all just for seeding in the tournament. I wouldnt sleep on any of the next 3 either, CG, Claiborne, or Union. Remember Pigeon had a terrible regular season last year and suprised people all the way to regions. Just dont think its over for everyone yet this district is to unpredictible. :lol:

I was just wondering if Union County still used Knox ridge officials at home games, while everybody else in their region uses Smokey Mountain officials? Although you never blame officiating for losses, and you got to be good enough to win on the road despite a bad call or two regardless of who your playing, it might explain why they have such a flip flop in home vs road wins.

Yes they use the Knoxville officials at Union Co., and it is a totally different game than what the Smokey Mtn. officials call. I'm not saying that either is better or worse, just that there is a big disparity.

When I was at UC the Knox refs generally called it tighter, and Smokey Mtn. refs let you play a little more. Don't know if that is still the case or not, but was something you had to prepare for both ways.

Chuckey-Doak actually played a pretty good game despite the score...just like RHS02 said Rutledge shot lights out. Day had 7 threes and probably could've had at least 10, but he sat the entire 4th quarter. He was really stroking it last night.

Solomon was also shooting it well...appeared as if everything he shot outside was going down.

I was also impressed with Phelps. He scored when he was in there without Day and Singleton and distributed the ball very well. Rick Sexton didn't score, but got a ton of assists since everyone shot so well.

And Justin Treat gave the fans extra to cheer about. He got 6 points in his 4 minutes. Talk about your fan favorites. I hadn't heard cheers like that in a long time for a sub.

Just for everyone's info...when the Rowdies start calling for Treat, the game is pretty well in hand. ;)