GoMab's Updated Team Rankings

CoachT

gomab, what would it take for Ooltewah(15-4) to get in the top 20 of your rankings with some key remaining games of Brainerd, central, Cleveland and rhea county...would they have to win out to be considered or maybe just win 3 of 4 of these "big" games, i was just wondering how far out of your top 20 that they actually are, the past week and a half or so they have been playing some really good basketball and look to avenge their losses earlier on in the season to teams they feel aren't as good but are ranked higher, but we will see how it goes

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah is one of a number of teams very close to the Top 25... I do think that they need to win 3 of 4 in the games mentioned to be ranked... All four are winnable games, but legit wins, nonetheless...

I give a lot of credence to Quality Wins, which is why I have never been high on Brainerd, who is dropping quick after the Cleveland loss...

The Quality Win factor is the reason why I have a 9-8 team at #20, Kirby out of Memphis. They have no losses to bad teams, and have three wins over highly ranked teams, Ridgeway, East, and Wooddale...

What about Hickman County? They are playing in one of the toughest districts in AAA in middle Tennessee and are doing well. Right now they are number 1 in 11-AAA and just finished the season sweep over Hillsboro, the second game by 20. When will HCHS ever get any recognition?

gomab2, You are being a little tough on Ooltewah. I agree that they need to prove themselves, but you have made some arguments earlier about not losing any of the games you are supposed to win. Ooltewah has beaten everone but the defending state champs of VA and Central and Brainerd -- both of highly ranked in your own poles, and Cleveland, who went through some struggles but has a much better team than they are given credit for.

Ooltewah having to win 3-4 to get in your top twenty is pretty tough. Ooltewah lost the Central game at the free throw line; lost to Brainerd in a close one down to the wire, and had every opportunity to beat Cleveland.

Again, I agree they have to beat some of the top competition, but if they beat Central and beat Rhea,and lose to the other two, and win all other games they have a 20 win season. Nothing to laugh at. They are definitely a bubble team if they can't win against the better competition, though.

First, I am not an Ooltewah Student. I am just a fan of the sport that watches games in the Chattanooga area and eastern TN, so you can't include me in "yall". I'm not one of them. I have seen them play and consider them one of the better teams in eastern TN. I don't believe anyone will come out of Region 3 beating Bradley, so the fight in this region is for second place.

Second, I did not say Ooltewah was going to win the State. I simply indicated that Ooltewah was far better than GoMab might be considering them to be. Although, I agreed with GoMab that if Ooltewah does not win a big game like Brainerd on Tuesday this week, then they really don't deserve to be in the top 20. I was also contending GoMab's position that Ooltewah would have to win 3 of the last big four games they have.

Finally, your belief that Ooltewah is not even in the top 50 is absurd. That is why I question your understanding of the game and whether you are just slamming Ooltewah because you don't like them.