Hume Fogg @ Lipscomb

hsfball

Yeah this is Alex. I am surprised you noticed. Naw im not actually. But #30 from MLK got on here talkin a lot of trash one day and he wasnt smart enough to realize that he was talkin to me. And MLK is supposed to be a magnet school. WHats up Anthony. How you been doin? I was at the game i was sitting near the entrance though. I was looking for you but i couldnt find you. Im sorry about you gettin hurt. You know you my boy and i would never try to hurt you on purpose. But ill see you at the game tonight. Well the biggest reason our crowd went down because we moved from West End to TPS. Although TPS is closer to our school it just changed a lot of things. People are not used to going to TPS so they just dont attend the games instead of trying to find a way to attend the game. They dont consider this a big game because just recently have DL and HFA become big rivals. But MLK and HFA have been rivals from the start so they make sure that they come to that game. Not to mention they are both magnet schools and most of the people at both schools know each other. At the end of middle school if you were going to a magnet school it was either MLK or HFA. And the people split and some went to one school and some went to the other. So that is why they only consider MLK a big rival for us. But it doesnt bother me when my HFA fans dont show up because the people who i want to attend the game are always there. DL look out for the Spirit Shaker from School President Ray Bignall. Should be a great game and I am growing impatient.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasnt even a game. Lipscomb dominated the whole time. Hume Fogg was playing like the were tired. Lipscomb slowed the game down many times. But this time it was for a good cause. THey made smart decisions and easliy outplayed Hume Fogg. McPherson had 23. I was guarding him and he was killin me and i couldnt do anything about it. He was flarin out, poopin up and runnin off all kinds of screens. They did a great job of setting screens and running off of them perfectly.

I feel you Al(This is Hob). It wasn't even a game. DL played very smart and their coach made real good decisions. HF tried to play Lipscomb's game, and they are not a slow down or motion team, I don't care if it turns into a half court game. It stiill needs to be spread so Renfore and Hobson can penetrate and create open opportunities. That's the only way Robinson can get involved. Also McPherson played great. Not just through points, but he played great overall. Somebody reply and tell me if you agree.

I agree. HF didn't seem to be into the game. Neither did their crowd. Lipscomb executed very well and were very confident going in halftime all even. I thought the zone defense seemed to confuse HF. Mayes and Pennington did a great job denying Robinson many opportunities. Also, it seemed to work well by pulling Mayes out and forcing Robinson to come out. (Although he did a better job defending outside than I thought he might).

Space had a great game. Was in a flow and was able to have good endurance the entire game. Except for his momentary loss of patience, an A+ game. Since Renfoe didn't get much rest, he seemed spent in the 4th quarter.

I also agree that Coach Pickens did an excellent job with the matchups, rotations and play calling. (Of course I attribute that to Panzyfan sitting next to him on the bench whispering instructions...jk).

Not sure I want to play HF again though.

I agree with Hoops317. Hume Fogg is not a slow down team. THey are too athletic and quick to be slowin down especially on slower teams. I garuntee that is why they lost. THe only way the guards can do anything is when they run a fast paced game. I dont think Renfroe was too tired. I have never really seen him get tired beofre. But he didnt look to be involved in the game too much. When Renfroe ends up with 10 points you know he is not involved in the game. The only way Hume Fogg is going to win is if Renfroe stays involved in the game. They cant do it without him

Lipscomb played well and there coaches did a great job. Alex and Hobson are ballers and playd pretty well but thank goodness they didnt play like they did last time we played. I really respect yall gettin on here and talkn bout the game after yall lost, thats cool. I thought Trey hit both of his buzzer shots which wouldve probably changed the game a little but good luck to yall the rest of the season unless we play yall again. Alex and Hobson we need to ball this spring and summer together.

Alex, Where are u goin to school?

lipscomb played very well, their offense got good shots most of the night. robinson doesn't need to let people and the refs get in his head. renfroe and hobson are very good but looked a little out of place when lipscomb threw the 2-3 zone at 'em in the 4th, didn't see that one coming did ya? ( suggestion from student assistant )

the district tournament will be awesome because anyone can beat anyone just depends on who comes to play.

Yeah Space21 we definitely need to play ball together after the season is over. I havent really decided where I am going yet. Still waitin around on a couple schools. But when I decide ill let you know. St Johnnies I wouldnt say we were out of place it was just a good defense to play seeing that non of our shots were fallin. If i could of made some of my shots the 2 3 zone would have been a disaster. But since me and Hobson were not hitting anything it was a great defense to play. Yeah but we will meet again in Portland. And i feel a lil more confident shooting in Portland than at Lipscomb. Whats up Baxterbuzz21. You know we will see you at Portland too. Third times a charm. Yall put us out the last 2 years but im not gonna let it happen this time. It will be much different now because the big man is comin around as soon as he stops lettin people get in his head. But we will see come region time Country Boy. Baxterbuzz its gonna be just like Madden between us two. Me killin you. But ill talk to you later. Space21, Panzyfan, baxterbuzz21 and most of all Hoops317 and Lilal532 Good Luck to all yall for the rest of the season

Baxterbuzz21 after MLK I think it is Lipscomb then Portland HFA and Greenbrier are very close behind. Should make for a great region clash. Watch out 7AA and you Baxterchump. ;)