Middle Tennessee once again dominant

UCSportsFan

I keep seeing the posts about East being so good this year but we've heard this year after year after year, and no one ever seems to step up and be a truly dominant program. Sure they'll win one every now and then but in AAA there's Shelbyville, Mt. Juliet, White Co., in AA its 7AA and everyone else and in A its always Clarkrange, Ezell Harding, Celina. I will admit that Trenton Peabody in the west has stepped up and is going to be hard to beat but East is definately the "LEAST" in Tennessee womens basketball, i'm sure everyone will agree! :D

I will agree with you that "Middle" Tennessee is the strongest area bye far in Girls Basketball. But east is definetely "not" least. Not with Powell, Oak Ridge, Sevier Co, Daniel Boone, Heritage, Maryville, and Greeneville in AAA. It wasn't too long ago that South Greene was a "force" in AA. They have been down a little bit the past few years but they are dangerous and seem to have a strong team this year. Seymour and Oliver Springs could be teams to be on the lookout for not to mention Tyner in the Chatt area. West Tennessee has some strong teams to be reckoned with.... Gibson Co (22-0), McNairy (20-1) and Martin Westview (17-3). In Class A it used to be the Gleason and Bradford invitational with either team taking home the gold. From '96 to "00 Bradford or Gleason won the Class A Championship. Jackson County has been the most dominate team the past 4 years and why not. 4 straight championships and 5 straight trips to the championship game. I know this sounds corny but there is alot of pressure to contend with when you have this much success. Every nite your opponent is going to be playing their best game because they are playing the best and its their chance to prove themselves. AND on one given nite when things don't go right .... look out. Don't get me wrong I live in Middle Tennessee and I rout for all the area teams with the exception of Shelbyville. So, I'd love to see a mid state team win in all the classifications.

I keep seeing the posts about East being so good this year but we've heard this year after year after year, and no one ever seems to step up and be a truly dominant program.

You can really tell when a person starts worrying about the competition!!! All good things must come to an end sooner or later. This year is 2004. And although Rome wasn't built in a year, the Great Roman Empire did "fall"( I know it's hard for you devilfantic but do you see where I'm going with this??)

Let me put it to you in Layman's terms: You remember the great Women Teams in the NCAA in the 70's (Immaculatta, Old Dominion, etc) The even greater teams of the 80's (Southern Cal, LA Tech). Well just take it down a notch to the High School level and even "you" will be able to understand.

Contrary to popular belief, the World doesn't revolve around 7AA. Sooner or later(and it may be sooner than you think) you will understand :D

Contrary to popular belief, the World doesn't revolve around 7AA. Sooner or later(and it may be sooner than you think) you will understand

Believe me "new poster" tyner ram fan, when i say this, that we here in Jackson County are in touch with our own "mortality". But what i speak is the truth, there are good programs east of the time zone (Oak Ridge, Sevier, OS, Seymour, Heritage) however all i'm saying is that the "gold balls" will not go east of the time line this year, especially in AA. You have no idea how good AA girls basketball is, believe me its nothing like the competition you have played this year, outside of maybe "Kirby" (your one loss). I will admit though that west tn is coming on in Class A but still no one over there in the east is going to beat any of the top teams from middle or west tn.

Not for sure devil but didn't Sevier beat Mt. Juliet, didn't they beat Livingston?

Not for sure devil but didn't Greenville beat Jackson County?

Not for sure devil but didn't Oliver Springs split with the almighty Livingston?

I think Seymour did something Livingston could not and that was beat O.S. at O.S.

Year in and Year out middle is better especially with the top teams and may win AAA Gold Ball this year but the deepest area in the state for high school girls basketball in TN is the EAST. It has been proven thus far.

You have no idea how good AA girls basketball is, believe me its nothing like the competition you have played this year, outside of maybe "Kirby" (your one loss).

No need to start "hyper-ventalating" my friend; We have a whole month before we let our blood pressure kick in. I understand the what Middle and West Tennessee has in terms of teams(both girls and boys). Although I am new to this Forum I am very much in the know about all of the classes(A, AA, AAA). I have been a supporter of Tyner sports for a very long time and we(Rams) have been a member of all three(3) classifications at one time or another.

I don't like to make excuses, however, the loss to Kirby was due to three(3) ill starters and after three games in three days we had no legs and no bench. But all of that is water under the bridge and I believe we are a better team because of it!!

We really have a good month to anticipate and talk about the second season but first things first: February is no time to be looking at March(and I know you will agree with that!!!)

I belive Middle Tennessee will claim atleast two of the three gold balls this spring. The statement that "East is least" is a little out of line. In my opinion West would be least, but they do have some good teams. The West may take home a championship before it's all said and done in Murfreesboro.

I keep seeing the posts about East being so good this year but we've heard this year after year after year, and no one ever seems to step up and be a truly dominant program. Sure they'll win one every now and then but in AAA there's Shelbyville, Mt. Juliet, White Co., in AA its 7AA and everyone else and in A its always Clarkrange, Ezell Harding, Celina. I will admit that Trenton Peabody in the west has stepped up and is going to be hard to beat but East is definately the "LEAST" in Tennessee womens basketball, i'm sure everyone will agree! :o

Your out of your mind.....The reason you keep hearing about the east is because there is alot of depth in the east. Look at all of the contenders in each class. You will have to admit there pretty darn good....And have been good for quite a long time. The middle has been a stronghold for a long time....the west every now and then....but lately the east is coming on strong and they are most definetly not the least...And if you look at the posts you will see that alot of people really belive with what I have said. It will be close as to who takes home the gold ball this year in each class but you can't say the middle is automatic.

Go Bearettes :lol: