Westmoreland-Portland

muffin

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Muff, all due respect man cause I enjoy your post and everything, but have ya seen Brewer play? I know you have Westmoreland and I'm sure your goin by that, but they don't have the horses to stop Brewer. In that first game it was Brewer and only Brewer. Now some others on that team are starting to step up and help out some. Maybe not in scoring that much but defensively and rebounding. Gotta take Ptown by 10+ in this one

Muffin I'm usually right on with you and your opinions about bball, but I think your a lil off the mark here. What you've heard about Brewer losing it in crunch time is greatly over exaggerated. Trust me on this one muff, the ones that says this about him are the very ones who are extremely jealous of this guy. I don't know why everyone wants to try to pick this guy apart because from people that I know over at Portland tell me that he is a great kid. I guess people get mad because he shoots so much. Well if he doesn't shoot and score then they don't have a prayer. This kid is going to Florida and well be a solid player for that program. These people that get on here talking crap the kids on their teams that they pull for can't even go to Volstate and play most of the time. Everyone just layoff the guy and enjoy watching a D1 talent play in our area.

I would have to agree with tennisguy about brewer being a good guy.... I was pretty good friends with him when i went to macon county, and played against him my freshman year... And as far as the game goes... I will say that i am as big a fan of Westmoreland as you will find, but it is gonna be extremely tough for the Eagles to go into Portland and beat the panthers on their home floor... Maybe they can play as well as they did in the first meeting.. And who knows with the production from Bonner and Custer if they get a bigger contribution from junior post Nick Parker, They might have a chance... but overall to win this game the eagles pretty much need to play a flawless game... Good luck to both teams...

Edited by Contact2004