Baylor Showed Zero Class from fans and players

OldSchoolBalla33

I attended the Knox Catholic/Baylor game tonight and I saw some of the dirtiest play from the Baylor players that I have ever seen. I dont understand why they had to stoop to this level, the refs had already handed them the game, why play dirty???

And the fans are a whole other issue. These guys first of all show up in good numbers, but only about 5 were loud enough to hear, and when you heard them, you just wanted to scream b/c of how stupid of comments they were making. They tried to dog Tony Fox all night, not realizing that he is the type of player that feeds off that sort of thing.

Both the players and fans at Baylor should be ashamed of there behavior.

****O and by the way, I am an Ooltewah fan, so i went into this game without a bias and this is what I observed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how two people can go to a game a see to different things. I don't know what game you thought you were watching, but from where we were sitting, Knox Catholic was pushing, shoving and holding onto jerseys. I guess you missed that part. The Baylor players never complained when they were pushed and shoved. Knox played out of control undercutting Adams when the game was out of reach. If Fox loves to feed off the crowd, then he cost them more points than he got on over a dozen bonehead plays. As far as the crowd, man it's Baylor. Outside of any Mcallie game, it's not unlike a tennis match crowd. We have a few rednecks, but not enough to make much of any noise--I guess not enough to make Fox play well. The refs didn't have to hand us the game. Knox (and Tony Fox) did a good job of giving the game away.

The fans weren't that bad in my opinion. On either side. Everywhere we go Tony gets made fun of and yelled it, so in all honesty, we just ignore it. No one undercut Jonathan Adams. I can think of a play that I was invovled in that I could see you think it was undercut, but I promise you if you go back and watch it, you can see that I was knocked down (clean play) and my legs were simply whipped around, causing me to take out Johnathan's legs. Baylor played a great game and we didn't. Thats the bottom line. But both teams are the best in the east by far. If the teams match up in the tourney, it will be a very good game.

Edited by AusDan

sad fact is... Ooltewah is not allowed to play Baylor or McCallie in the regular season, because of their principal(at least he made that rule my senior season, it may not be true anymore though) and when Ooltewah did play Baylor in preseason this year they killed them(in the full scrimmage not the single quarter) Ive alwasy liekd Baylor and respect their coaches, therefore i kinda of doubt all this dirty play was going on. As far as the rule prohibiting us from playing either of yall, I think it is stupid because every other area of Chattanooga loses players o these Private schools I don't see why the other schools get to play against kids from their neighborhoods that go to Baylor,and McCallie/GPS. Heck Ooltewah still plays Notre Dame and Boyd, and they have just as many of possible Ooltewah students at those schools... just a lame rule

youre right they don't play boyd or ND in football, never have... just in other sports... Soccer, Baseball, softball, .. pretty much everything except football... and this year, basketball...you don't play ND in football because they are not very good... and they are a small school so there is no point in playing them seeing as how it only uhrts your strength of schedule... and Im sure Boyd doesn't schedule Ooltewah becasue they would rather play ranked teams from around the state rather than an unranked team from a different classification as their non-district opponents...

As for the Baylor fans being bad, i would have to say they were actually pretty good, i mean there was to occasional comment but i mean that came from both sides and that is just a DIV 2 region game for you. Knox catholic just did not shoot the ball that well, and when that happens i think we need to figure that out and find out means of scoring and/or pick up defense more. We showed class last night i think, we got defeated to a great Baylor team. Yes we were upset for not playing well, but that is just only 2 games we have lost and we will probley play harder then ever. You see in the KIL polls we will probley drop to 7th or 8th b/c we have lost 2 games, and they think our schedual is not hard enough. Now we will have to prove our selves once again. I have a different aspect on the game, we arnt invincible, we have bad nights and good night and we have elimited the bad nights to just a few, this past bad night came on a BIG game.

Monday and Tuesday will be very tough for us. Unaka just game off a big win over McCallie and Sequoya is a team that has some good talent. Good teams will swallow a loss like every other team does and move on. It is just part of the game. Does anyone know how the tie breaker will work if Baylor and us win out the rest of region games we have remaining?

Monday and Tuesday will be very tough for us. Unaka just game off a big win over McCallie and Sequoya is a team that has some good talent. Good teams will swallow a loss like every other team does and move on. It is just part of the game. Does anyone know how the tie breaker will work if Baylor and us win out the rest of region games we have remaining?

I'm not jokeing, but I thought if the two teams whad tied confereance records at the end of the year, a flip of the coin decided who got the #1 seed in the districts.