Baylor Showed Zero Class from fans and players

OldSchoolBalla33

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thorough... look closely at what I said... you'll that it was correct... other than the never playing Notre Dame thing(when they played them I still lived in Savannah so I wouldn't remember... however... as far as other sports go Ooltewah, will not play Baylor and McCallie... Notre Dame and Boyd have been on Ootlewahs regular season soccer schedule for years(even last season) In football they will not play them anymore (and about Boyd... like you said"scrimmages" not real games) as a matter of fact the only thing I said that was incorrect was about not ever playing Notre Dame in football... reread it and then check if your response made any sense whatsoever

Well, from my experience with this situation, Ooltewah's administration does not allow coaches to schedule Baylor, McCallie, and GPS in any regular season "school-controlled" match. (The lone exception is volleyball.) This brings up a totally different argument, but the major reason I've head is because these schools give "financial aid." But doesn't Boyd give financial aid too? Just wondering.

Legal Disclaimer: I am not saying this is correct or that these schools do anything wrong. Just stating the reasoning I've heard.

On another note, it's very interesting to look at every Varsity sport at Baylor and McCallie and see exactly how many starters are zoned for Ooltewah High School. In the past, the numbers have been quite high.

As for middle school, I know the football coaches don't want to play Baylor or McCallie because they don't want their kids being recruited and losing them for high school.

I can't wait to see these responses!

I attended the Knox Catholic/Baylor game tonight and I saw some of the dirtiest play from the Baylor players that I have ever seen. I dont understand why they had to stoop to this level, the refs had already handed them the game, why play dirty???

And the fans are a whole other issue. These guys first of all show up in good numbers, but only about 5 were loud enough to hear, and when you heard them, you just wanted to scream b/c of how stupid of comments they were making. They tried to dog Tony Fox all night, not realizing that he is the type of player that feeds off that sort of thing.

Both the players and fans at Baylor should be ashamed of there behavior.

****O and by the way, I am an Ooltewah fan, so i went into this game without a bias and this is what I observed.

OldSchoolBalla33, you obviously didn't go to the game without a bias because we all know you are a die hard Tony Fox fan.

Well, from my experience with this situation, Ooltewah's administration does not allow coaches to schedule Baylor, McCallie, and GPS in any regular season "school-controlled" match. (The lone exception is volleyball.) This brings up a totally different argument, but the major reason I've head is because these schools give "financial aid." But doesn't Boyd give financial aid too? Just wondering.

Legal Disclaimer: I am not saying this is correct or that these schools do anything wrong. Just stating the reasoning I've heard.

On another note, it's very interesting to look at every Varsity sport at Baylor and McCallie and see exactly how many starters are zoned for Ooltewah High School. In the past, the numbers have been quite high.

As for middle school, I know the football coaches don't want to play Baylor or McCallie because they don't want their kids being recruited and losing them for high school.

I can't wait to see these responses!

I'm curious why they would agree to play them in volleyball. If this is a decision based on principle, then they would never play them in any sport. Seems more likely they are using a convenient excuse.

AusDan

I do not recall seeing anytone leave but BallBush sure implies that in his post.

Grad

Don't know if you saw the article last year, but the Free Press had an interesting article about why most public school teams will not play the privates. One coach, I think it was kent Smith at Bradley Central, said that was the school administration decision, not the coaches. Smith, at least as best I can recall, was not in favor of the policy and in fact he said he did not think Clark (or others) intentioanlly recruited anyone. The admisnistration's concern was that parents would be tempted to try to move their kids to private schools if those schools had better facilities. Did anytone else see that?

Sheridan...I am being for real yo...I don't like you very much at all. I hate watching you in soccer and basketball. I fell you are a punk on the floor. But the things you have said on this message board has totally changed my opinion on you brah. Way to say that the fans werent that bad and that it was just a matter of you guys not coming through. Anyone who wants to think that the Baylor fans were bad give me a break. Thats what its about is the fans. Especially in that gym where everything can be heard. Tony Fox gets yelled at because he has obsolutely no conscience. He is definately my favorite player in the history of high school basketball. i wish I had the guts to throw up a 3 pointer on a fast break. What a player. I wish everyone could be like the great Tony Fox. He is the guy I love to hate and even though i don't go to Baylor, I went to that game to watch him try and beat Baylor. he did shoot them out of the game but he is still a player and a half.